Sam and Max 2 - cancelled

Fred

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from one of the short Star Wars Sam & Max comic strips:

*Sam & Max run into some Imperial troopers*

Sam: Uhoh I think they're onto us

Max: Somebody must have noticed the mile long trail of smouldering stormtrooper refuse in our wake

Sam: Maybe we should have tidied up after ourselves

Sam (pointing to a refuge duct): Max duck in here!

Max: I don't see any duck

Sam: It smells like some kind of high tech waste material compactor - they'll never think were so incredibly stupid to hide in here

Max: That's right nobody's that stupid.

---

Sam & Max 1, Star Wars 0, LucasArts *RIP*

Clap clap, well done for cancelling one of the most loved video games series ever. The above dialogue says it all.

Keep up the letter campaign, I'm still disillutioned enough to belive that perhaps if we send them enough mail within these next couple of days they'll say "Gee how about we don't throw these last two years worth of money and work down the drain, and try to make a profit."

Also everyone head on over to Gamespot . They have a poll about whether or not your sad that the game has been cancelled, it's down the left side, you don't have to join or sign up or anything, just vote for our favorite duo. Let the voices be heard.

Everyone "sign" the petition, i don't know if it will do any good or not but it'll help LucasArts geet some idea of a fan base, which may or may not help the situation. And while u are there read the post Tim Schafer put up and heed his words, atleast the part about psychonaughts...

I am mad and I have been mad for 4 1/2 straight hours (since I found out). I refuse to buy any more of Lucasarts' stinkin' Star Wars tie-ins, because from here on out, that's all they're going to make. A bunch of pointless junk nobody except insane mindless gamers will buy.

There are not enough emoticons to describe how mad I am.

:samandmaxcancel

This emoticon will be a red face with eyes bulging out and drool coming out of it's open mouth with several teeth missing.

This is sad. This is definitely the end of the Lucas Adventure Era until those "sales managers" running the marketing machine wake up and smell the coffee.

The chances of another adventure game from them is less than zero. Even if they announce a Monkey Island 5 or Grim 2, they're going to destroy us again two months before release and pull the plug AGAIN.

It wouldn't shock me if the people running Lucasarts right now are a bunch of retards with one computer locked up in a tiny padded cell.

By the way, check out my cartoon I drew describing what's going on...

endsammax.gif

I'm going to send this cartoon to Steve Purcell while I'm at it.

I'm still in shock about how much can happen in two days...

This is utter crap that thay cancelled it and i also setn 2 emails to lucas arts and got all my friends and family to sign the petiton.

Also dont know if its him or not but Tim Schafer has signed it and said

Let it go. Sam and Max 2 was going to be ass. Go find another game to be fanboys of, like Psychonauts!

Although i love his games this is a realy stupid thing to say and if you want to look at his reply his nuber is 1081

everybody, make sure you read my last post. DO NOT BUY ANYMORE OF THEIR GAMES!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OF THEIR GAMES!!! DO NOT LOOK AT THEIR GAMES!!! TELL EVERYONE THEIR GAMES SUCK!!! HIDE THEIR GAMES BEHIND OTHERS ON THE RACKS AT THE STORE!!! DO ANYTHING TO SHOW THEM WE WONT PUT UP WITH THIS S*&T!!! SIGN ANY PETITON OR DO ANY VOTE YOU SEE!!!

stand togther, be strong, show them we're out there, and that there's a lot of us. i believe we still have a miniscule chance of getting OUR game back. if we don't ill do everything to bring them down with me.

PS: if you send an email, make sure it uses proper grammar and spelling, it'll be more effective than a letter that looks like a monkey wrote it

Originally posted by Sirrus

Send your love to Randy Breen, rbreen@lucasarts.com, the Vice President of Development, or Michael Nelson, mnelson@lucasarts.com, the company's acting President.

I know I did.

I'd really rather send them a nice printed letter, since that won't get thrown out without a second thought,

Does anyone know who I should send it to?

This sucks. Reading all the old interviews really makes me sad, I mean they were almost near completion of the game. I really hope they bring it back, we gotta change their minds! We can sign more than once on that petition, just use a different name and everything, it can work!

I though it over. I decided not to send my drawing to Steve Purcell. Sorry if anyone was insulted by it. But I did it when I was at the peak of anger, okay?!?!?

But I did sign the petition (at this point 2082 signatures) and sent an e-mail to Lucasarts.

Nine hours now, still hopping mad. I, also, am going to boycott Lucasarts, because all that's going to come out of their stinkin' corporate mouths is Star Wars this. Star Wars that.

I do believe if you pester somebody long enough they'll succumb to doing whatever it is. After all, samandmax.net came back... :p

Hey all,

After reading all these posts, I have to agree that this is a total bummer. I've written an email today (and yesterday) to express my disappointment - pr@lucasarts.com. Hopefully, something will be done, but I'm not optimistic. I guess boycotting Lucasarts games is a losing cause, but what the heck. It's been all downhill for a while there anyways.

Well I've done my bit by signing the petition and e-mailing the PR guys. Not sure how much good it will do but at least LucasArts will know that there are still people out there who care about adventure games.

Oh and I think Tim Shafer's comment (if it was him) was a joke. He is always looking for ways to promote Psychonauts.

Originally posted by dcroeser

Well I've done my bit by signing the petition and e-mailing the PR guys. Not sure how much good it will do but at least LucasArts will know that there are still people out there who care about adventure games.

Oh and I think Tim Shafer's comment (if it was him) was a joke. He is always looking for ways to promote Psychonauts.

It wasn't him.. Got that one clarified over at the adventuregamers forum

At the moment I just feel used. Sure, there are a load more Star Wars fans than Sam and Max, and Monkey Island fans, but where would LucasArts be without us? For a decade their output was 95% original and 5% Star Wars, and they couldn't have done that if we weren't buying the games. Now they've come to the point where they don't need us, and look whats happened.

Archived