Home

Sam and Max 2 - cancelled

Fred

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

freddy,that is one hell of a website,i will say yes to a lucasarts again until they realese sam and max 2,freddy how would you like to join my campaign along with brushguy and samandmax fiend,i know your standing up and fighting im proud of that,but someone like you would be awesome to have on our team,so how bout it?

Hey all,

Loooong time lurker, just registered today. I honestly don't think that it'll help any, but there's a LucasArts support forum over here:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.jspa?forumID=13&start=0

...where there is a small but growing thread about S&M2. The thread will most likely be deleted come Monday morning, but official LucasArts folks are bound to at least read some of it, or at a minimum, notice the activity on the board (the entire forum is close to dead). I'm still hoping beyond hope that with enough begging, whining, and most importantly, people promising to never purchase another LucasArts product again that they will take notice.

*sigh*

I really feel like that a close friend died...

2 Sam and Max petitions are in the top ten over at http://www.petitiononline.com and their in 2nd and 3rd place. Keep signing! Sign using different names as much as you want, this is definitely making an impact if these are in the top 10.

Lucas Arts has been working on this game for years, they got so far and then they just cancel it. Or "stop production" They can't just get rid of that stuff they worked so hard on. I still have some hope. But I agree that I wont buy another Lucas Arts game unless it's a new adventure game, most preferably Sam and Max 2. KEEP ON FIGHTING EVERYBODY!! don't give up, I know I wont.

brushguy is it possible if we can have our campaign at the save sam and max 2 site?

Braindead200, like I've alreayd said, I'll join this whatever you call it, I REALLY want Sam & Max back, and I'll do everything in my power to get it back.

Sure, all things that will help bring Sam and Max 2 back will help my site. Any suggestions, ideas, e-mail addresses (besides the 3 we already have) or pictures (nothing offensive though) are welcome. I was going to do the site today, but I was busy with other stuff. I promise to have it up soon.

But the main question is, WHAT CAN WE DO BESIDES SEND IRRITATING MAIL AND VENT OURSELVES ON THE PUBLIC INTERNET? Please, suggestions are MORE than welcome.

I guess we could start more and more sites like WWHS is now, and maybe the thickos at LEC would get the picture...

P.S. Stop trying to change the topic, SyntheticGerbil.

Hey,

The website http://www.fark.com has greenlighted a link about the cancellation of Sam & Max 2! This is a 'Good Thing'. Fark can instantly generate awareness that the game has been cancelled, and a few thousand or so people could (and hopefully will) join in with the emailing, petition signing, and general pestering of LucasArts.

Keep the faith people!

i was thinking..could there be something we could mail to lucasarts.. an item that is veryyy sam & max..and would represent them..as kind of a protest.. i was thinkin of mailin em my hit the road box..but y'know i wanna keep that..what represents sam & max that we could send?

and braindead if u are recruitin ppl..make sure to check out the

http://www.adventuregamers.com forums

Sign using different names as much as you want

take the petitions seriously, if you don't then we wont be taken seriously and they'll never release it

SIGN YOUR REAL ANME AND ONLY SIGN IT ONCE!!! SIGNING UNDER DIFF. NAMES IS ONLY HURTING US

maybe we should represent something very good that will make him changed his mind about the cancellation,maybe something memorable or somethin thats more like a sign to the future about how big of a mistake he made,if you dont know what i mean,just say im not too bright thats why my name is braindead

Originally posted by braindead200

freddy,that is one hell of a website

Heh. That isn't my website, it's Gabez's.

I was just posting it to show you that what you're attempting to do has already been done.

Petitions don't mean a thing to game producers, since they take all of five seconds to sign and don't require an attention span. If you're serious about protesting the cancellation of Sam & Max, mail them your protest. (Maybe with a nice hand-carved Max tiki).

On the other hand, sure, I'll sign it, just for the hell of it all.

... why they cancelled the game:

[*]quality

The press and the fans hyped that game so much that LEC could not fulfill the expectations or meet the quality standards set up by other LEC adventures

[*]time

The game was not as ready as it was presumed, so the release would move to Q3 or Q4, where the game would have to fight against Doom3 and HalfLife2

[*]money

Adventures nowadays have bigger developement expenses than other genres. 3D environments in adventures must be rich and detailed, because unlike shoot-em-ups, you don't run around fighting enemies, you actually interact with the environment. Maybe they COULD afford the costs of ONE adventure by covering them with StarWars-profits, but the fans WILL demand more. So they said "Let's just pull the plug now". Sadly.

[*]brains

Because LEC recently published 3D-Shooter - or let's say 3D-Lightsaber - they don't have faith in their customers intelligence or interest in a game that would take more than just being trigger-happy.

[*]sales figures

I think I read somewhere that the sales figures of adventures are not good in the US (I am from the "old europe", where adventures are still in fashion), and an american company WILL mainly produce for the US market.

[*]management

Computer games aren't jeans! (Why that? See M. Nelson)

[*]murphy's law

Developers and the complete source backup got destroyed by a slimy meteor ;-)

[/list=1]

I think the official statement covers most of them statements.

On sending stuff to Lucasarts, I sent them a drawing of Sam and Max, drawn on the letter.

I don't believe any of those reasons, hullu. Maybe you haven't seen Steve Purcell's comment about how Sam and Max was ON SCHEDULE and COMING TOGETHER BEAUTIFULLY.

http://www.freewebs.com/savesamandmax

The site's up. A few sections need to be finished and there's not that much there yet. Again, suggestions on harrassing Lucasarts are welcome (contact me in this thread if you feel like adding something. I would like to know Lucasart's phone number for product support so I can add that to the site)

Of course I meant possible, yet internal reasons!

@Brushguy: I have read Steves comment. I just don't believe in that lame excuse Mr. Nelson gave us. I just wanted to say that the management could cetrainly hide some of the given reasons behind their statement.

Nah, i'm just disappointed and trying to understand it.

Sorry, hullu, I'm just really really really believing that they'll put it back into production. In fact I know they will. This small, still voice in the back of my head is telling me, "They're going to bring it back."

I have nothing against you or your explanation.

Archived