Home

Sam and Max 2 - cancelled

Fred

I will gladly join this movement, but what are we going to do first? I'm not afraid of Lucasarts if I can get away with a 6-part Monkey Island fangame 90% as good as CMI. I've done everything so far.

--------------

I've signed the petition 20 times (which now counts 4112 sigs).

I've e-mailed twice.

I've sent a written letter.

I've pledged to myself to hide all Star Wars / Lucasarts games behind the shelves at the supermarket.

Finally, I also pledged that if I lived in San Rafael, I would not be afraid to march inside the building and complain.

-------------

I've looked at Steve Purcell's comment on this disaster (news on samandmax.net and mixnmojo.com ). He was involved on this project, so if there was a definite reason for cancelling, he would know. Somebody should e-mail to Mike Stemmle, the director, because this might be an April Fool's joke. Stemmle's a big joker, and if this gem really was cancelled, they'd give a better reason than "underlying economic differences," or whatever they said.

Oh man, if it is a joke, I will go outside and dance in the street in my underwear, yelling with joy.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by toenail1

hmmm, that really wasnt a eulogy, a eulogy is speaking good of somebody (doesnt have to be when their dead), that was more of a "lucasarts you suck you SOBS" kind of speech

Well, as a non-native English speaker I had to look up the word I was searching for. I was looking for the word used to describe a speech at a funeral, because that was the general direction I wanted to take with the mail.

I wanted to express my feelings that with this decision LucasArts has died for many many fans and I wanted to talk about what made the company great when it was still alive. Just like in a real funeral eulogy (is this even the correct term?)

Towards the end though I kind of lost my train of thought and started rambling. Oh well, I don't think it came across as harsh as you put it. :/

steve purcell is extremely disappointed with the decision..he said the game was awesome..keep getting people to sign the petition..keep e-mailing them..do it for steve! we gotta have his back for all the joy and laughs hes given us...

and the guy who lives near lucasarts..just go and picket with your friends..even if its just you guys..lucasarts will kinda realise .. "hey this game actually meant something 2 people so that some1 has actually bothered to picket" ring the local news station n try 2 get em down there 2,... we just gotta keep sending them messages whatever way we can

Well, as a non-native English speaker

ah, i see

but i wanted it to be harsher, i was just saying that a eulogy would be JUST about sam and max, not lucasarts, but while you were going for it, you shouldve stuck it to those (hmmm whats a good word that wont get me banned...)

I don't understand? Is it a money thing or something. What am I saying, of course it is. I used to be about the the games man, they were what really matered. Then the fans, I hope thy haven't forgotten us. Sigh, they just don't get the message, WE NEED THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don´t think the lousy Star Wars game went so well, thats why they cancel all these games now, Armed and Dangerous didn´t go so well either, i actually think they ARE going bankrupt... And Sam & Max would be their saviour, they just don´t know it :(

I also wrote emails, signed petitions, don´t think it will help, but if we don´t rise up and yell we wont be heard, so keep yelling, and REALLY boycot future releases, unless S&M2 are released.

I pray for that it is an Aprils fool...

:mad: WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT how could they do this to us,why why,i am soooo p*ssed i could scream and shout,well im not gonna put up a squel to one of the most best defining classic games go to waste.we have to do somethin about it

im thinking of startin a sam and max 2 vs lucasarts campaingn if anybody wants to join me e-mail me and we'll do a meeting of what we can do,whos gonna stand up and fight???? if we do this we shall be the heroes of the squel to sam and max and lucas arts.if lucas arts dont go back in production with the game i will hate them FOREVER.im even hoping of a day of the tencle squel,if they decide to do that and then cancell it i will be super pissed.

anyway this is about sam and max anybody wanna join my campaign on what we can do to get the game back in production e-mail me and youll be a member

Yeah, the comic is a broken image, so...

I removed the comics because I was sick and tired of SyntheticGerbil's constant insults towards them, and I paraphrase, "the word is they cancelled the game because of your comics." :mad: But I forgive you. :D

braindead u me and brushguy should be the beginning of the team

I will gladly lead this movement, but again, I ask, what are we going to do first?

And that petition is way over 5000 signs. How much are they aiming for, anyway?

More than half a mil, I'm sure.

Ponce De Leon?

Anyways, let's all change this thread into a discussion about the music for the Kyrandia games. Find the MIDI's and rip the true music from the third one. Be in fantasy bliss.

See the theme that opens up in the first one pretty much covers up any faults you may find in the game. The music sets the setting best, on your set, go.

The music wasn't as spectacular in the second game, but I found it kind of suting most of the time. And it had better tunes than the first at certain parts.

Now the third game takes the cake and writes the F word on it in tacky green icing. See the game is kind of choppy in interface and figuring out. I absolutely hate the Isle of Cats and the music accompanied there. But other than that I found it a wonderful whimsical whopping wolly mammoth of a game. I hear dogs can eat wolly mammoth meat and not die because it was still frozen cryogenically like a super ice box from the past. The end part of Malcolm's Revenge was the most atmospheric I've ever seen. Now if only someone could tell me how to get all 911 points in that game. I don't think it's possible.

just heard the news today

this is the most ****ed up thing ive heard in the gaming comunity EVER... they cant do this... blah... ive sent a few emails to all adress... signed the petition once... sent the petition address to my friends.... its almost a 6,000 right now

Archived