Home

This sucks

Crow_Nest

In school we are doing this project work thingys, we save all our files and infomation in a diskette. But just now in skool some dumb friend of mine (my co-group leader in fact) deleted off ALL the infomation!!!

The message was "do you want to format....blablalba" and before i could give him further instructions HE JUST CLICKED YES :mad:

And now the diskette is damaged, all the files are gone, nor i could put files in. Now we're gonna have to re-do everything all over again. :indif:

Does anyone of you have any experiences/criss like this?

you can get a program that can recover files even if the disk is formatted. the files are still there they've just been coverted into an invisible files that will be overwritten once you copy something else onto it.

heres the sort of program you need

http://www.uneraser.com/quest12.htm

Does anyone of you have any experiences/criss like this?

when i was at college, nearly completing my first year. the admins accidentally deleted my account, thus deleting all my work i've done that year. after failing to recover my work after a few weeks they decided just to give me top marks in everything.... i didn't complain :p

Originally posted by Herminator_64

what can I say but...

:lol:

and yes, I AM a mean-spirited bastard.

You know what? You're a real jerk. And I mean it. :|

Yeah, crow, there are a lot of people out there that hit yes automatically on every message. I hope someday a message pops up on his comp that says "Do you wish to be electrecuted to death?" And he hits yes. :p

lol joe

I have... in FrontPage I was trying to delete a web page directory... but I ended up accidentally deleting ALL the web pages I have been working with HTML and on FrontPage.... also a friend of mine had the exact same thing happen...

so many stories about floppy disks, so little time to tell...

Been there, done that...

That's why every time I have a class project, I save it on whatever computer I'm working on (even if it's at school), I email the file(s) to myself, and then I save it to the floppy/zip disk (zip disks beat floppy disks to a bloody, painful, horendous, agonizing death any time of the day!!). That way, there are at least three copies out there.

Yeah I had to do a science project, I got most of the information he did the presentation. The next day He brings in nothing, I had to do it all but I wasn't going to let him get any credit. He claimed he had done it, but unfortunately for him. I wrote my name only on the Board.

When I was a junior in high school, one of my best friends deleted over 30 minutes of edited video for our school video yearbook. The thing that sucked was we only had 1 week before school ended for summer!

I guess someone should have trained him how to mount an external hard drive..."initialize" doesn't mean "connect" :)

It was alright though...a few sleepless nights and things were back in order...but I'll never let him forget it :)

swoosh

Originally posted by ExcelsioN

Lol...unlucky Crow. I always make a back-up of my work, or e-mail it to myself instead of using a floppy and such.

Try doing what Siv said.

We didnt make backups, because my friends arent really people who use computer often. Now, we're planing on using a disk instead. Cause we store lots of pictures.

Btw, thx siv, i'll give it a try.

:)

Happened to me ONCE.

Since then, any time I type something or whatever, I save it to both of my harddrives, a zip drive, a CD, and a floppy, not to mention I try to email it to myself (for the smaller stuff, damn you hotmail!).

I'm going to play Tenchu now. BYE!!

Archived