Home

Scans, screenshots and other misc crap + MOJO MUSIC SITE THINGY

Benny

Ere (yes its a link) is a list of all the random screenshots and scans and stuff I did a few years ago when I was gonna do a scumm database type thingy.

I did most of the scans, others were just nicked, anyway they're there if anyone wants any of em, i'll only end up deleting them otherwise.

[Edit, demos are 'ere now too]

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

Ere (yes its a link) is a list of all the random screenshots and scans and stuff I did a few years ago when I was gonna do a scumm database type thingy.

I did most of the scans, others were just nicked, anyway they're there if anyone wants any of em, i'll only end up deleting them otherwise.

[Edit, demos are 'ere now too]

Ah great stuff, i love screenshots.

I save screenshots of anything i see on that web thats looks intresting. This really looks great :)

That reminds me Mr Calimonk

"I have excellent experience with PHP, MySQL and HTML. (Its my living ¬¬)"

Someone draft him in to do the big mojo music site thingymabob, I have my fingers in far too many pies right now to do anything but prod and pester :¬:

That reminds me Mr Calimonk

"I have excellent experience with PHP, MySQL and HTML. (Its my living ¬¬)"

Someone draft him in to do the big mojo music site thingymabob, I have my fingers in far too many pies right now to do anything but prod and pester :¬:

Hehe i can do that no problem, but like i said i'm a programmer -NOT- a designer :)

Someone tell me what they want and how it should look and i will build it.

Oh man, you shouldnt have said that, I have a whole plan of how this should work somewhere. I did have one anyway.

Design totally isnt a problem, designers can be roped in from anywhere and everywhere. I'll try and dig out the general idea for it, but seriously, you dont know what you've half-agreed to there ;)

Cuss, I cant find it, I think it was mojomusic.txt or sumt if anyone still has it.

The basic idea was for a big lec-music site based around php. So you could view/search files by artist, date, game etc, you could have comments/ratings for files. You could have an upload script where a user uploads a file - supplies info on it, it then goes into a directory on the ftp, staffers can then either ok the file to enter it into the site or whatever fairly easily and wont need to enter much additional info. Oh it could automatically scan the id3's from mp3s for each file too. Meh, basically a big database of music that can be searched and catagorised, sorta the lucasfiles of music. Later on the other mojo music sites could be consolidated within it if they want and it could have articles and what-not too.

So, lots of ideas..incoherently expressed. There was a thread about it but I really want my tea now so i'll try and dig it out later ;

I'll agree to work on that i guess, i'm hoping/guessing i get some Mojo space to work with? :-)

I'd need some database and such, and i personally dont want to be the website maintainer though, i can make the stuff and all and fix any bug, but i'll be the PHP programmer of the site, not the main webmaster :p

Anyway the things you've said shouldn't be too hard, most of the things are things i've done lots of times, it should take some time developing but nothing that would be too impossible i guess.

I'm guessing i'd be part of a team? :)

Mojo webspace can totally be arranged, i'm certain of that. If you can just do the backend that would be excellent.

As for staff and what-not, you've totally called my bluff there. I would of course like to be involved because ive been pestering for this for so long. I really cant do much apart from supply content right now though because i'm in the last few months of my degree.

You certainly wouldnt be on your own, we *had* a good few volunteers before. I'm sure I can get some more. I'll help as much as I can but my time really is limited at the moment.

Goddammit, start volunteering now people, i've pestered far too much come too far to be stopped now :¬:

Also thank you for this Calimonk, I didnt think i'd ever find anyone to help with this :)

Lol, well how much i would love that as well i'll just do it for the experience as well :-)

As for the other members i don't really mind that much benny, just know that you need to tell me waht you need builded everytime so i can make it.

Also, i'll only work on it during weekdays as in the weekends i'm with my gf, and please dont give me any login details or anyting now (which you probably wont for a while anyway) zoww i'm kinda drukn now.

Even though i quite know what i said yes too :-)

Anyway i love the experience with every PHP project i make and i've been wanting to do something for the LucasArts fanscene for quite some time, as it eventually made me into what i am today :)

I have my fingers in far too many pies right now to do anything but prod and pester :¬:

Including my apple pie. Now get you damn finger out before I have to get Eugene Levy!

Oh, and Nice screenshots, I'll save em all on my hd (and if small enough on a removable drive) just incase you need an extra backup.

Archived