Home

Developers roundup: let's make our own unofficial game

a_monkey

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Krazy: If you don't like this, STOP POSTING!

@Elio7t: Don't know about SLUDGE for MAC. You'll have to ask James Isaac.

@threepwood3: I remember Zak McKracken 2 (the fangame) and it was awesome. Shows what happens when fans get together.

@Pork_Soda: A SLUDGE demo has been made, and some plot discussion is going around, but that's it.

@StonerDave&Max: The main thing I didn't like about the plot was the use of the grabber from Sam and Max 1, but it was clever to cause a payphone puzzle later on to ensue. ;) And there were some un-Steve Purcell-ish writing spots (like Max quoting and changing sayings), but I overall like your story.

Originally posted by Brushguy

@StonerDave&Max: The main thing I didn't like about the plot was the use of the grabber from Sam and Max 1, but it was clever to cause a payphone puzzle later on to ensue. ;) And there were some un-Steve Purcell-ish writing spots (like Max quoting and changing sayings), but I overall like your story.

Thanks much, and like i said, there were things i wanted to change, that i couldnt go back, and the magnet thing was probably the only one. I only changed the saying to keep the idea alive, but that was really to see if people wanted nostogia or modern. im taking note to keep quoting down to a very small minimum.

On the other hand, Its going to be impossible to start on this if we dont start discussing ideas soon. we need a private forum or chat room or something if were ever going to start, and if we dont get there and end up throwing together ideas, then we wont have a very good game. its pretty much time to stop discussing and start acting, if that isnt too rash of me to say at this point. So lets figure out something so we can get this philosiphil train on its onward tracks.

hi all me'z a new here and just wanting to say that if any of u need some one to create music i've serveral pregrams and idea's i can make for the game and i've pages of idea's if any one wants them i'd be glad to help ya's keep it up sam and max must live again!!!!!!!! lol :p

If you ask Brushguy nicely, im 100% sure he would let you. He took me in without even knowing what im capable of, and I hope I havent been too much of a letdown, if ive been one at all. Not to sound like im trying to take control, but if you could send me some of you work just so i could hear what it sounds like, that would be nice, but i wouldnt have any judgement over what Brushguy could do with it.

@ James Isaac: Right now, we're just discussing story. However, there have been some questions about a Mac version of the game, so if you could tell us if SLUDGE can convert to Mac, that'd help.

@ StonerDaveN'Max: You couldn't be more right. We do need to actually sit down and do some heavy work on the game soon if we're gonna get the game done at all. I just don't know any private chat rooms where we could move discussion to.

I can get a new Freewebs account for an information website. How about "The Unofficial Undead Sam and Max 2 Fangame"? I also have some info for the game on my site, http://www.freewebs.com/lucaskeen

@ Look_down: We need all the help we can get, and we also need a music composer. woxel1 had a nice MP3 (Club Lagomorph) a few pages back, but he doesn't seem interested in this anymore. So, put up some music and let us hear what it sounds like.

@thedaemon: Like the Max model. :)

Originally posted by threepwood3

I have an idea for a plotish kinda thing for this game. They have to find that guy from the opening cutscene from hit the road!

.........................:o duh he wasn't a real guy didn't u watch the whole thing lol... they should go on hoildays or sam should get a girlfriend or max's family should call me somthing long them lines once its different any way enough of that lol :p

It seems like many people have now taken interest in scriptwriting, but i must impose that if your going to post ideas, you put thought into the ideas. If you talk to Brushguy, he will likely let you work with us. But I must impose that you take thought, because ideas like missing T-Shirts[one of my latter ideas], dont really work, but well thought out ideas go a far way.

@Look_Down - Sent you an e-mail requesting MIDI samples. Hope to hear from you soon

@sheaday6 - Listen, nobody minds you posting here, but this thread is more business than play, so keep the comments about how people talk to a minimum.

@Thedaemon - The model is very nice, and with a good amount of work put into it rather than 15mins, it could be outstanding. I hope to see the sam models soon

@JamesIsaac - I need you to review my script and tell me what you think if you don't mind. I need all of the opinions i can get.

@Brushguy - If everyone were to download AIM [Program Here] Then I could make a chat specifically designed for us, but we would need a set date for us to seriously discuss. Maybe if that worked, then we could make individual dates for the Voices, Graphics, Story, etc.

+

And if im not imposing too much, I would like to take some extra responcibilty on this thread until we get a site or something, such as relaying questions. Im on this forum often, because at my college im free all evening since my only job is over the summer, so id have plenty of time[except maybe on weekends]. If that wouldnt be a secure desicion, then i dont mind.

If im taking too much control here, im giving everyone [that has some sence] the chance here to put me back in my place.

Edit: I said impose way too much. Sorry:D .

@ StonerDaveN'Max: Wouldn't mind if you took the controls of this project for a while, to find a chat room for us and so on. But I could still do a website for information on the game and so on, for instance http://www.freewebs.com/samandmax2 .

Does AIM cost money to get? I think a place where we can discuss this would be good.

P.S. Snuckey-U would be an interesting location for them to visit in the game, despite the fact that I think the guy was just spouting off random ideas.

AIM is completely free, and thanks for the xtra responsibilites, or whatever they may be. Snuckey's-U.. I like it!

When anyone downloads AIM, please state it in a post, and if you could check off the people or give us a checklist Brushguy, that would be just gravy.

Edit: Hey! Im finally a Freelancer!

Don't get a freeweb account - I can get a better host....

This way we are organising the project now is silly, because everything is out of order on these forums. It would be better if you did it through e-mail, or on a forum about this, because right now everything is a bit out of control. What i sometimes do with DOTA is tell the people in their groups (e.g. dialogue writers), what they have to get done, and then the 3 of them work together to ge the whole thing done, and that works fine.

And, why are we making 3D sam and max models? I thought it was going to be a 2d game :confused:

And Krazy, that fan games really funny :D

And, StonerDaveN'Max, i love that script. It's really good... :D

Originally posted by James Isaac

Don't get a freeweb account - I can get a better host....

This way we are organising the project now is silly, because everything is out of order on these forums. It would be better if you did it through e-mail, or on a forum about this, because right now everything is a bit out of control. What i sometimes do with DOTA is tell the people in their groups (e.g. dialogue writers), what they have to get done, and then the 3 of them work together to ge the whole thing done, and that works fine.

And, why are we making 3D sam and max models? I thought it was going to be a 2d game :confused:

And Krazy, that fan games really funny :D

And, StonerDaveN'Max, i love that script. It's really good... :D

Im not sure that e-mail would work as good as we would hope, but a forum strictly for the members of the staff sound very nice! Yes it is still a 2D game, Would anyone want it otherwise? Of course not! Though the models were very fine work, and i still want to see the Sam models. Im not quite sure what DOTA stands for, so could you tell me in your next post? and lastly, thanks for the review, but is there anything that held it back from a better potential?

sup StonerDaveN'Max

did ya get my email yet or did the sound files work?? i've writen a few little more samples for sam&max type work....... would someone post a review of who's doin wat and put every one into groups like art/script/graphics etc........... coz we'd need to sort these small things out so who's setting up the forum or chat or wat eva????:p

I would like to do some art, but I haven't yet bought a wacom, I sold my old one! I will be buying a new one soon, maybe real soon. I would volunteer for concept art/production art, but I don't want to be the "leader" of artists, I don't have too much time to tell people what to do :) I can, sketch some things out and scan it in, I will practice drawing sam and max tonight (I am at work right now), and perhaps scan it in. Do you guys want me to create a forum? Or can we add our own section here???

Archived