Home

kotr endings

darth chewie

Originally posted by darth chewie

hey everybody, first post. i just beat the game female darkside. and i'm quite lazy to try to do the game again lightside to see the other ending. can any of you just tell me what happens? also, does playing male or female change the ending too? thanks.

Well, I like both endings, but prefer the light side ending as it is works with my natural light side tendencies (my dark side run was 'difficult' for me in places).

Also, while I've not played the whole male/female light/dark matrix, playing male vs. female opens up the obvious romantic differences, some of which can play out late in the game in a very engrossing way.

Mike

cool! thanks. well, i tried doing the whole bastila thing in the temple "light side". the problem is i think there's a glitch. i went back in my ship fixed the hyperdrive, went to the galaxy map and when i click travel for star forge, it doesn't do anything. doesn't say anything. sucks..

Originally posted by txa1265

Well, I like both endings, but prefer the light side ending as it is works with my natural light side tendencies (my dark side run was 'difficult' for me in places).

same here, i actually felt bad about killing people for no reason, especially members of my party.

i've only done it once being evil.. i don't think i'll be doing it again anytime soon.

:D

Originally posted by Siv

i've only done it once being evil.. i don't think i'll be doing it again anytime soon.

:D

Agreed - but I'm glad I did. I've never played any RPG with a character that isn't Lawful Good or Neutral Good ... I only did the JK Dark Side path in 2003 ... but this was worth it.

Mike

light side ending is good to me

dark side ending is sad ending to me, you know? On dark side, I hate that I had to killed zaalbar and Mission near Ebon Hawk, also Juhani and Jolee inside temple. I hate that I killed her at her young age, like I cut her at short life. You know, I like Mission Vao.

Greatstar out............

but that's what makes the dark side path dark. if your a sith you cant be going around defending people and saving lives. Bioware gives you the choice, but to really get the fealing of the sith you need to make decisions that seem monsterous (sp) because that's what evil is. and i think it was really represented well.

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

but that's what makes the dark side path dark. if your a sith you cant be going around defending people and saving lives. Bioware gives you the choice, but to really get the fealing of the sith you need to make decisions that seem monsterous (sp) because that's what evil is. and i think it was really represented well.

That is why Juhani had to die for her weakness. It is tough for me to do that roleplay, but did it I did ...

BTW - Emerson is misspelled in your sig.

Mike

Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

I would have liked to have been able to turn everyone to the darkside, maybe get diffrent choices depending on inteligence, charisma, perception, and repair...

But who?

Juhani? If you saved her early on ... well, then you miss the point of playing darkside ;) But if you did, she was reformed and saw the error of her ways - battling you, even death, is her redemption.

Carth? Same deal, basically. He has the Sith to thank for the death of his family, and again, if you are a decent dark-sider, theh death of his son.

The droids hang on, as does Canderous.

Then there is Mission & the Wookie ... that is fun and sad, but perhaps could have been done in a different way. You could have 'shown' Mission how the republic was responsible for her problems, and gotten her to join you. Unlikely, but perhaps.

Mike

Who? All of them! Palpatine showed us that being a sith is about more than slaughtering anyone that stands in you're way.

Juhani is powerful and makes an excelent bodyguard, especially if you're a consolar.

Carth? I hate Carth. What sweeter torment than to turn him to the dark side just to see it eat him alive? Plus, he's a good soldier and would probably make a good general.

I would have liked several options to upgrade the droids, like reactivating the assassin protocol, illegal upgrades, etc.

I hated the wookie, but like carth he's a good soldier and makes a decent hook for mission, corrupt him and he drags mission half-way down the path.

And poor little mission? It would have been sweet to eventually get her to kill her brother. Also it would have been nice if the late-game assassin missions were strictly one person and I got to pick who executed them.

Jolee is interesting, I'd like turning him to be the hardest, and less obvious than constanly wispering 'evil' in his ear while he slept.

That goes the same for all of them, It should seem that you'd have to know about the characters, information which you could then use tto turn them. Something similar for light would also have been good, turning canderous just for the hell of it, and to see him stand there uncomfortable in the light...

yay! i beat the game again light side and the ending was a whole alot better than dark side. though it was fun being able to kill your teammates when going darkside. are there any juhani sidequests? because i was able to get her to when she's talking about how she hates me for destroying taris, but nothing more. hmm...

Well, I just finished the game 10 mins or so ago, and I must say, the Dark Side ending wasn't very spectacular.

Having Bastila say you are the new Dark Lord, then you seeing all the troops, then just that short bit of video of your fleet was really anti-climactic.....

Anyway, I'll play through as the light next, hopefully that has an ending which makes me feel i fulfilled something.

Originally posted by darth chewie

yay! i beat the game again light side and the ending was a whole alot better than dark side. though it was fun being able to kill your teammates when going darkside. are there any juhani sidequests? because i was able to get her to when she's talking about how she hates me for destroying taris, but nothing more. hmm...

keep travelling to planets with her in your party you should run into someone, it happened to me on manaan.

although its been a long time since i played it

Originally posted by txa1265

That is why Juhani had to die for her weakness. It is tough for me to do that roleplay, but did it I did ...

BTW - Emerson is misspelled in your sig.

Mike

i've seen his name spelled both ways before. i think it has 2 m's in my english book? but eh....

she had to die for her weakness yes, but i didn't miss her much, she wasn't that much of a help anyway. but her camo did come in handy on the temple in the unknown world, and the sith ship.

Given that her commitment to the light is questionable anyway I would have loved to be able to turn her back to the DS, even as late in the game as the temple on the unknown planet, but there are so many times in conversation that it would have been possible.

Archived