Home

Further insult to injury...Mercenaries

Gabrobot

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/mercenaries/preview_6091361.html

Well, it seems the idiot Lucasarts sales people aren't happy to just cancel Sam & Max 2, but also feel they must show their true intensions by replacing it with another crappy 3rd person shooter original title. The whole premise of the game sounds like complete crap...I'd rather they were making another 3rd person Star Wars game. This just seems like such a blatant slap in the face after what they did to Sam & Max 2...I think it is time to send another round of e-mails to Lucasarts.

This is SO unfair! Sam & Max is what everyone wants not some crummy 3rd person shooter. I had lost confidence in LucasArts after what they did to Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine(NO savegames work)

The Ice Guardian bug: how could they have possibly missed THAT!? Whenever they released a patch it made savegames unusable. That's REALLY handling it, LucasArts! Sam & Max 2 was supposed to be a BIG seller, instead they cancel it and instead promote a crummy 3rd person shooter for the ****box which nobody cares about. It's Sam & Max that we all want!

I say we fight back!

"HELL NO, WE WON'T ALLOW THIS!"

"LUCASARTS IS A BIG FAT JERK!"

"HELL NO, WE WON'T ALLOW THIS!"

"LUCASARTS IS A BIG FAT JERK!"

We should make them castaways on Monkey Island until they promise to give us Sam & Max:Freelance Police! BWELHELHELHEL!

With all due respect, hating LEC games on principle that are long in development isn't going to bring back Sam & Max.

I'm glad this game has an original plot, and isn't Star Wars. I won't buy it though, because it's console only.

This game's probably been in production as long as S&M2, and it's not like this game or its development team in any way impacted on the cancellation of S&M2.

// shrug //

I think Mercenaries looks very interesting though - a lot more plot and intrigue driven than other console FPSs on the market...

Let's see:

Battlefield Vietnam, Unreal Tournament 2004, Far Cry, Painkiller, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. , Doom III, Half-Life 2

And that were only the known 2004 releases

Yeah LEC you will so rule (eh tank) with your **** in that high profile market!

Straight to bargain bin and picked up there for $10.00...

Bah!

At least peeps owning a PC AND X-Box will not buy this!

I looked at those pics and I say Dash Rendar from Shadows of the Empire as well as Wedge Antilles and Luke Skywalker from Rebel Strike look cooler than those guys. Even Jango Fett looks cooler. Mercenaries is NEVER going to sell even ONE copy. Sam & Max would have been a BIG seller. If you want a 3rd person shooter from LucasArts go with Shadows of the Empire,Bounty Hunter or even Rebel Strike, but not Mercenaries.

Not only do we have third person war shooters up to the brim, but Mercenaries is obviously taking from current world issues (North Korea's Nuclear Threat to the US...f*ckin' Hell do these game makers have ANY dignity?). Sure it's not as bad as Conflict: Desert Storm (1 and 2) but still, can we get a little more original and less "LET'S KILL THE EVIL FOREIGNERS CAUSE THEY'RE BAD AND THEY HAVE BOMBS RAHHHH!" ... I mean, if you're gonna make a third person shooter, make it revolutionary. Make it interesting. Make it immersive. This looks like they Freedom Fighters or any Tom Clancy game and recycled it into this. Of course I can't make any concrete judgements, since it's still in production and I haven't played it (I won't though, I'm boycotting LucasArts due to the Sam and Max 2 cancellation), but I don't think I'm entirely inaccurate here...

...futhermore, LucasArts could at LEAST step outside the action genre once and while, whether they do adventure or not. Perhaps a freakin' platformer for once, or an RTS? Sure, I'd prefer adventure just as much as the rest of you, maybe even more so, but I think the first crucial step is for LucasArts to make an ORIGINAL non-action game. Then we can push for more original adventures.

Originally posted by Guybrush122

Perhaps a freakin' platformer for once, or an RTS?

Are you insane? They already tried to do that. That's what ticks me off so much, that they try different genres just because those are hip.

Also, don't confuse "games published by LucasArts" with "games developed by LucasArts". Mercenaries is made by Pandemic Studios.

Something i've always noticed about Samandmax2 was the fact that it -NEVER- featured on the main website. Any new Star Wars or whatever lamo game is features on the Main website in their Flash menu.

Just like Mercenaries, Sam and max 2 of Full Throttle have never ever been in this list.

Makes me wonder if they ever had the intention to actually even sell it.

Something i've always noticed about Samandmax2 was the fact that it -NEVER- featured on the main website. Any new Star Wars or whatever lamo game is features on the Main website in their Flash menu.

Actually, it was featured on the main page when it was first announced, via this spifffing banner that still lurks, taunting Mike Nelson, on the LEC server;

sammax082702.jpg

Originally posted by jp-30

Actually, it was featured on the main page when it was first announced, via this spifffing banner that still lurks, taunting Mike Nelson, on the LEC server;

sammax082702.jpg

Never seen that before, but i was actually referring to their "Flashy website interface thingy".

Sequel announcement, my foot.

You're right, Sam and Max 2 nor Full Throttle 2 did ever get their own personal website on the Flash thing in the middle of their ugly page. And look at this! New Star Wars games and Mercenaries get their own page on day 1, so everyone will see it! Much more stuff on these brand new pages than 7 pieces of concept art, 2 screenshots, and 1 one-minute trailer.

Lucasarts is playing favorites. It's showing through now. :mad:

Well, it wasn't on for very long, 'cuz I never saw it, and I visit --well, did visit-- their site quite often.

Back on topic: Mercenaries is going to tank hard. I thought Lucasarts learned their lesson with RTX Red Rock and Wrath Unleashed.

Archived