Home

Is LucasArts Really Hearing Us?

convexion

I don't think so. And I'm just about sick of listening to people say that we shouldn't make waves with LA on their forums. I think the alternative that we keep hearing (sending e-mail to pr@lucasarts.com) is pure BS. And as impressive as the numbers on the petition are, they don't amount to much in the eyes of LA as they've proven to us by not even responding to our rallying cry for the release of Freelance Police.

If you want to shake 'em up, mail them a letter via snail mail. That's what will get their attention. The only reason you filter all your fan criticism to one e-mail address? Easy to ignore and even easier to delete!

Yeah, they're hearing us, but are they listening to us? Their inaction says NO! :mad:

Ronda Scott promised us that the management is being informed of the number and sentiment of the mail they're getting. Some guy also sent the petition to them. I think Ronda is pretty trustworthy since she's the one who gave us that nice picture of Sam and Max's office. ;)

I don't know how to send snail mail. And, Sam&max4ever, despite your language, I must agree that Lucasarts has proven that they don't care about the fans any more. Evidence is backed up with their immediate reaction to all this fan complaining, by releasing a rotten war game that nobody will play. Barf.

I still haven't lost hope for Sam and Max 2. I went to the store today and hid Star Wars: Galaxies behind one of the Adventure Company games. Ironic.

Originally posted by lagamorph321

snail mail address...

Lucasarts

P.O. Box 10307

San Rafael, CA

USA

Insert "Mike Nelson" (the person to whom your letters should be addressed) to the top.

Don't know how to send snail mail? Open a word processor such as Open Office -- http://www.openoffice.org -- or (ick) Microsoft Word, compose your letter, print it out, put it in an envelope, write the above address on the envelope, write your home address in the upper left corner of the envelope, affix proper postage (in the US, one $0.37 stamp should suffice), seal the envelope, put it into a place where a Post Office employee will pick it up to be sorted and delivered.

Also, see http://forums.adventuregamers.com/showthread.php?t=2399 for a sample letter (it's not the latest revision) and look further down in that topic to see where I offered up URLs for sample business letter formats, should you wish to make your letter look more professional.

The letter that actually went out (with my personal identification removed) can be seen at

http://members.iglou.com/darkstar/lucasletter.doc

I bet Lucas Arts is already talking to their attorneys about turning this cancellation into a tax write-off. They probably think it'll save them more money than finishing and releasing the game would. So I'm not keeping my hopes up :(

• 2 weeks later...

The FBI is serious as heck about bomb threats. They can now put a tap on your line for saying that.

Our government has a lot more powers than you can even imagine, just research FEMA. It's an ACTUAL government association that can suspend all of our constitutional and human rights anytime they want to.

So don't look past the fact that the FBI can find out who you are and do something about it.

Originally posted by misanthrope

One of us needs to run up in Mike Nelson's office with a bomb of some sort.

I can see the headline now. "Unknown assailant terrorizes LucasArts HQ. Places a DVD copy of Gigli on Director's desk."

Archived