Home

The collecting 'WTF of the whenever!'

Katarn07

Hasbro Australia is announcing a nation wide product recall on the Darth Vader: Throne Room Duel figure. According to them "The figure has a Lightsaber Throwing Action, which may be able to also throw other improvised items (i.e. toothpick, nails, etc) further than 300mm in free flight in contravention of Projectile Toy Regulations".

:p

Post some funny crap like this when you come across it. But be sure it's not just stupid choices done by Hasbro because there's already a thread for that entitled Project Hasbro ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, that is funny! I bet if they didnt say a thing of it no one would know. You know there has to be kids out there that has seen that post of the recall, and then went around all day with their Darth Vader and a thing of toothpicks hitting ppl!

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

thank god the u.s. retail cares more about making money than safety.:):rolleyes:

HAHAHA :D

True, Zappa. I woulda never thought of doing something so stupid. Shooting staple guns at other people yes. But never having an action figure toss nails and toothpicks :p

Nah, they make repros of him with that so I think that is very stupid. The best part is the shipping and handling. 150 dollars? :p

The only figure I've seen go for more than 4,000 is Vlix, the true rarest figure since unlike that Boba was released retail (not in the US, but released nonetheless).

This is another example of dumb kids ruining the fun lol. Alot of regulations like this are around because of ONE special little boy.

Back in the 70's, Star Wars's best rip-off, BattleStar Galactia had toyline with a XWINGish ship called the Viper. One kid was so dumb as to see how far he could fire the 2 inch rocket down his throat. I guess he got pretty far cause he choked and died!

It's too bad too, not only because of Star Wars toys like this get the boot, some get modified alot like the TRANSFORMERS G1 reissues.

Ummm, vehicles and playsets of alot of toys, including SW, still come with missiles. There are warnings all over the place warning of choking hazards.

Some examples are most of the deluxe figures from '96, the T-16, Vader's TIE X1 Advance, and the resissued Falcons coming with some too. Personally, I hate when they do come with missiles because they detract from the 'cool factor' of it when it's displayed. It's not even to fun to play with either. It shoots for an inch or two before gravity kicks in :rolleyes:

And so a kid choked on a missile. Happens all the time. How old was he? That's what you have to consider because kids up to the age of 8, believe it or not, put toys in their mouth.

not only the missles, but other features such as the extremely soft plastic more commonly found on many figures nowadays is a direct result of "safety" issues b/c some dumb kid or maybe even adult choked to death or injured themselves when playing with the toys. the soft plastic on weapons just sucks, and especially on ships like the x-wing which would be a lot cooler if they were made of the harder material.:cool:

Originally posted by Katarn07

Ummm, vehicles and playsets of alot of toys, including SW, still come with missiles. There are warnings all over the place warning of choking hazards.

And so a kid choked on a missile. Happens all the time. How old was he? That's what you have to consider because kids up to the age of 8, believe it or not, put toys in their mouth.

I'm 17 and I still stick chunks of lego in my mouth to hang on to them when im busy lol.

but in terms of weapons and ships which would you rather have. the overyly soft plastic like on the acklay, x-wing and countless blasters. or the harder plastic which would hold up better in the long run? (i can exclude lightsabers b/c the old ones were too hard, but they are hopefull going back to the 1 piece saber, as the 2-piece one just had too soft of a plastic!)

I prefer soft plastic ships. I cant beign to tell you the number of times I've broken the blaster cannons on my X-wings. (Hats off to hasbro who sent replacements everytime).

With regards to saber, I kinda like the new 2 piece ones. The paint lasts longer than it did on the plastic hilts. I just wish the little things held together better.

Archived