Home

The Creative Outlet

Guybrush122

That's right, ladies and gents, it's the creative outlet topic! The topic where you share your creativeness. Indeed it could be a song, a ficticious story, a non-ficticious story, a poem, a drawing, a painting, a photograph...ANYTHING of creative and artistic value. Share away people...let us speelunk the narrow caverns and tunnels of your inner minds!

I tried Firefox, but for one thing it doesn't seem to recognise double <br> tags as a paragraph and it's also useless for most of my local pages that use a lot of JavaScript (damn you, Netscape and Microsoft, for not agreeing on one DOM). I've also pointed out that you need to search for a lot of extensions to get what MyIE already has.

www.pcgamescore.de will rock your socks off!!

Using two <br> tags works fine for creating a blank line with Firefox for me. 99% of the time, Firefox displays html exactly as it should be shown.. so I'd assume it's an error you're making somewhere.

Although if you're just trying to set paragraphs, then funnily enough, maybe you should try the paragraph tag? :¬:

Whoops, it wasn't about the line breaks.

function data(name,link,text,class1)
{
 document.writeln("<a href=" + link + " class=" + class1 + ">" + name + "</a>"+ text);
}
data("Epic","http://www.epicgames.com","<p>","");

> ...maybe you should try the paragraph tag?

A lot of people used <br><br> when having justified texts in blocks like <p align="justify">

> ...it's people's sloppy coding...

I'll admit that I'm quite lazy. Some of the stuff I use is years old and since it's only for me I didn't bother to make/keep it compatible. Some day I'll make a PHP/MySQL thingie and then a huge portion of what I'm using now will be obsolete.

Can you recommend some Firefox extensions? I want to have Super Drag&Drop, mouse gestures and tabbed browsing at least!

I'm sure everything you need is right here .

Firefox has inherent support for tabbed browsing, although there is an extension on the above link called "Tabbrowser Extensions" which gives them a lot more functionality (such as ALWAYS opening new links in a new tab rather than a second window, stuff like that).

Okay, so I saw all the LucasArts Hate Art, and found it on a scale of "extremely thought-provoking" to "slightly juvenile" to "disgusting."

I've hated anything with such a passion, but I still wanted to "contribute"...so I made a little drawing of my character, who, although she is a loyal Sierra fan, is showing genuine sympathy to the famous duo. After all, the series she loved the most (Space Quest)* was cancelled, so she can certainly relate. I'd say this picture could be classified as "Love Art." That doesn't make it any less shocking, though...

*And since SQ's core ambition is to spoof the life out of all things sci-fi, especially Star Wars, I’d say her intentions are quite noble…wouldn’t you agree?

You have to copy and paste this link; it's hosted by Tripod.

http://akril.tripod.com/Xandra/XandraSM.gif

Akril

Archived