Home

Improved Imperial Officer Model

HapSlash

Originally posted by Daskers

I appreciate where your coming from in that the shoulder key is'nt exactly cannon, but it helps game play to have it visible, as I can imagine wasting time running back through levels trying to find a key on a dead officer that I can't see.

I seem to have misplaced my JO disc so I can't check, but doesn't the key disapear from the body as soon as you blast 'em, then the world object spawns,...?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by HapSlash

I seem to have misplaced my JO disc so I can't check, but doesn't the key disapear from the body as soon as you blast 'em, then the world object spawns,...?

that's what i thought, if i remember correctly... so in that case, you could place the key inside the officer's skull or chest cavity and it would still have the same effect. ;)

Originally posted by TK-8252

That's the standard gray...

Ah ok.... i think that is green....looks more green than gray...well ok

Those rank bars are included in the pack?

http://tiger887.tripod.com/ImperialUniform/ImpUniform.jpg

Rank List: http://www.imperialorder.org/docs/fleetops/ranks.jpg

or this: http://www.emperors-imperial-army.8m.com/EIA/Misc/Ranks.htm

I've seen Thrawn lurking on your site HapSlash, (Well... the picture representing a possible Thrawn anyway ;) ) So I was going to say if you'd do him as an alternate officer that would be nice (Since I think apart from the uniform colour, the only difference is the funky shoulder pads.)

And would therefore like to suggest using either Jeremy Irons, Ralph Feinnes, or Alan Rickman (Remember, Thrawn is a villain, so he HAS to be English!)

Still, as always, just a suggestion...

You modeling for a living yet?

Originally posted by AlphaleX

http://tiger887.tripod.com/ImperialUniform/ImpUniform.jpg

I'm certain that Captain Khurgee wears the standard gray uniform. That picture of him has a very bad hue, just look at the color of his rank bar, which is supposed to be red, looks orange-yellow in that picture. Here's a better picture of Khurgee:

khurgee.jpg

Hi HapSlash

Was just looking at your General Mohc model (On your website) and since I was mentioning using actors as references and you mentioned that you were having trouble translating the cartoon face into a more "real" face, I would suggest using a real life person as a reference for example (in this case) actor Joss Ackland (Leathal Weapon 2/Hunt For Red October) springs to mind, though I'm certain there are other people more suitable.

That way you can get a good resemblance to the cartoon, but with all the proportions of a real person.

I started on Mohc for the Dark Forces mod, and had originally intended to go Joss Ackland all the way on it,... But, the other members on the team didn't see it that way. They wanted it to look like Ed Asner,... To me, he doesn't even fit the character.

And since there was no way in hell I was going to go off in that direction, I settled with a cross between Ackland and the game depiction. I got as far as the pictures shown on my website before they demanded the model, so I haven't worked on it since.

Originally posted by monsoontide

I've seen Thrawn lurking on your site HapSlash, So I was going to say if you'd do him as an alternate officer that would be nice

I don't think I'm going to include any specific officers with the first release. I'll probably keep it just as generic officers for now, just as a simple replacement for the originals, and then release a pack with different heads later on.

Originally posted by AlphaleX

Those rank bars are included in the pack?

While it does look green in the pic, it is the standard gray uniform. I've seen the colors look different from photo to photo, anywhere from a pure gray, to a medium brown, to a deep green. But what really counts is how they appear in the movies.

And yes, it is one of the 7 different rank bars included with the model.

Oh, one more thing,... I have no idea who put those rank pages together, but both of them are pretty screwy.

Originally posted by monsoontide

You modeling for a living yet?

The problem is that a lot of the people out there who are hiring are looking with people with some sort of degree,... I got me a big ol' degree in nuthin',... 'cept sitting on my ass.

:dev7:

great looking model hap. soon we'll be able to replace all the imp forces with better looking versions :)

also i was looking around your site and i noticed you had started the new EPIII clone trooper and I was wondering if you needed any reference pics. I just got the issue of star wars insider that features the new clone trooper so I can take pics of the two images they have. One shows just the helmet (its on the cover so you'v probably seen it already), but the other one shows the full body and quite a few varients (i haven't seen it posted anywhere on the web which is why I thought you might not have seen it yet). I can e-mail them/it to you or post them.

I actually bought the mag thinking i might do a skin version of the new clone for your excellent stormtrooper model (I may try it anyway although the model won't be quite the right shape in a few places.)

I thought I'd post one more time before I called it a night. Heh, the sun's already coming up,...

But anyway,... I put together the texture for the new boots and added them to the model. I also got around to moving his belt up a little.

I went ahead and updated the image at the top of this page, and here's a close up shot of the boot.

newboot-final.jpg

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

Just an idea, could you place seperate pk3 files when you release the model? I don't want to replace the Imp officers but i want the keep the new ones.

Why would you want the new ones then,...?

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

Just an idea, could you place seperate pk3 files when you release the model? I don't want to replace the Imp officers but i want the keep the new ones.

If you're saying that you like Raven's Imperial Officer better... then what's the point of getting HapSlash's? I'm sorry, LOL, but I can't understand your logic. :p

And believe me, when this officer is done, you'll want to replace the original. :)

Originally posted by Autobot Traitor

I never heard of anyone who woudl prefer the JO crap over hapslash's improved stuff:confused:

I don't think he was saying that he prefers either version over the other. And even if he did, everyone's entitled to their opinion,..

What I don't understand is, why not have it replace the originals? Is there a reason as to why both versions should be available at the same time?

That's not a bad idea. Probably just a simple reskin of the Officer would do the job for an Imperial Helmsman. The helmets on the Imperial Workers have always seemed a little too big to me anyway.

It would probably need new sounds, though; having them sound like they're wearing a helmet would be strange.

The only real simularity between the Imperial crewman and Imperial Officers are their hats... that's it. Imperial crewman, such as those two shown there, wore jumpsuits (as Hap said), not the officer tunic. The main reason why you can't just get away with the reskin is because the crewman's jumpsuits didn't have the shirt-tail, and their pants were tighter than an officer's puffy loose pants. But, an Imperial jumpsuit model/skin pack would be interesting, that could include every Imperial crewman who wore a jumpsuit, from scanning techs, communication techs, basic black-uniformed crewman, AT-ST Pilot (would need a head with a helmet surface), and possibly an Imperial Death Star Gunner (another helmet).

But including a crewman with the officer pack = no-no.

Archived