Home

Customizable Player Hilts

keshire

Customizable Player hilts.

JKA handles hilt models much like player models.

you can have several meshes in a glm and you can turn surfaces on/off through the skin files.

I just got done setting up a saber For InsaneSith that has two sabers in one glm seperated by skin files. The .sab has two entries pointing to these seperate skins.

I propose we expand on this by making a Customizable Player Hilt section.

Here we can add several things

a shaft category, buttons, add-ons

Sounds?

Blade Styles?

Draw and holster Anims?

Were you holster it? (If the Holster Offset code is written)

etc

etc....

I proposed this to the OJP guys, but I'm curious on what the casual players would like to see.

So This is open for discussion...

Also this isn't a poll because I want some real discussion on it. Its up to you guys.

Originally posted by keshire

Customizable Player hilts.

JKA handles hilt models much like player models.

you can have several meshes in a glm and you can turn surfaces on/off through the skin files.

I just got done setting up a saber For InsaneSith that has two sabers in one glm seperated by skin files. The .sab has two entries pointing to these seperate skins.

I propose we expand on this by making a Customizable Player Hilt section.

Here we can add several things

a shaft category, buttons, add-ons

Sounds?

Blade Styles?

Draw and holster Anims?

Were you holster it? (If the Holster Offset code is written)

etc

etc....

I proposed this to the OJP guys, but I'm curious on what the casual players would like to see.

So This is open for discussion...

Also this isn't a poll because I want some real discussion on it. Its up to you guys.

I love this idea. I find it to be very realistic to the form of a jedi, getting to make the lightsaber... then again, it could really bring in more of the rpg fanboys. But I suppose everything has it's downsides. I say this is a damn good idea though ^_^.

I 'd want it to reduce the amount of sabers people make just to match the colors of the blades.

To condense very similar blades into one file. Like all the pistol grip sabers. Think about it.

Dooku style saber with different tops bottom and grips.

Many different styles of training sabers

TrainingSM.jpg

Training2GreenSM.jpg

Clan sabers (sabers inspired by others)

AalyaSecura5SM.jpg

AdiGalliaRedSM.jpg

KiAdiMundiGRSM.jpg

Episode Specific

VaderANHSM.jpg

VaderEBSSM.jpg

DarthVader3.jpg

All-in-All giving you the ability to mix and match aspects of your favorite sabers.

I'm all for it.

As you pointed out due to variations, 3 Anakin and 3 Vader sabers can be consolidated into one file. This is exactly what I needed for my [group name] saber/sword(s) idea.

"So we have the hand guard in bronze, silver and gold. The blade with or without engravings. And either leather or silk handle wrapping. 12 friggin' files!?!" :eek:

Actually that'd give you alittle more control than that. We're talking changing model parts too. Broad or Fencing sword. basket hilt or cross hilt. Pommel or no pommel.

But I'm not touching it unless there's sufficient demand for it.

I say go for it keshire. I've wanted to be able to do that since ja first came out... was dissappointed when they decided nto to let you create your own lightsaber by choosing parts... I think you should do it anyway because not many people on this forum will reply... but I believe you will get a good many people to download this mod if you ever do it.

Good luck! :D

If you plan on making this for SP also (I don;t knwo if itwould be possible but hey) then it might be worthwhile to add a section for saber attributes... maybe make it crystals like in KOTOR for realism.

With this one could customise the characteristics of the saber, resist lightning, fatser attack speed, lower attack damage, throw-return damage, saber stances, force power restrictions etc.

It would unbalance the game if it were in MP though.

Archived