Home

How ironic is this?

coolio

When PC Gamer chose S&M2 as one of their top 10 games of 2004, they interviewed Mike S.

He said - jokingly - that they considered making an action game, a sports game and an RPG until Lucas Arts "showed us the sales figures for the first Sam & Max adventure game and told us to do another one"

What I don't quite understand is adventure games are no deader now than they were when this projected started. I could understand if they never even started making another adventure game, but why cancel it after working on one for over a year? If anything, Syberia and The Longest Journey have given the genre a boost. What gives?

Remember that in the last year and a half LucasArts did have a pretty big shuffle in upper management. I don't know if its the cause, but it very well could be. New president, new director of public relations, a lot of game designers quit, the company's overall art director "was asked to leave,"so surely there were shuffles in other areas, probably including the sales and marketing departments. And, given the current trends within LucasArts, I would suspect that most everyone new is of the same attitude of Sam & Max 2's cancellation press release: "All business, no good games."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tmarques

If anything, Syberia and The Longest Journey have given the genre a boost. What gives?

The Longest Journey?! Egad!! I just purchased this game on Friday, and the voice acting of the main character is disgraceful! And what's with the endless dialogue and repetative descriptions?

"It's a chair"

"It's a table"

"It's a fan"

"It's a pen"

"It's a plant"

Archived