Home

What is the crappiest SW game ever !

Astrotoy7

Originally posted by Dante Vandetta.

Of course it wasn't of your interest, it's a kids game, my 3 year old nephew seems to enjoy it, >_>

Yeah, but it came packaged with X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Dark Forces, and demo versions of Jedi Knight and MOTS. I didn't expect a kids game to be bundled along with all of that, so I installed it and gave it a try,.. for about 5 minutes.

Of the SW games I actually went out and bought, then it's probably a toss up between Battle for Naboo and Clone Wars. I actually finished Clone Wars.

BFN kept crashing my machine so I never got to the end...

Another SW game that annoys me is Bounty Hunter. I like the game itself, but a few of the levels are just freakin' enormous, and there's no provision for saving your game mid-level or from a checkpoint. Even if you play absolutely perfectly, you can spend at least 15 or 20 minutes getting through a few of these levels. If you play less than perfect it's very easy to take a half hour or longer. So after you've been slogging your way though a level for 40 minutes or an hour, getting almost to the end, only to die and be faced with starting the whole thing all over from the beginning again, I usually say "No Thanks"

I've never finished it. Every now and then I put it in and give it another shot, but I just don't have that kind of time to devote to it. If I could save where I wanted, or resume from the last checkpoint like in a Jedi Knight game then I'm sure that I would have finished this game months ago.

The camera in this game is also very bad at times...

You know I have read alot of people saying they hate JO/JA. I guess the million dollar question is why are you here then? It just seems alittle wierd that over half the people play those games and then say they hate them. Whats up with dat?

Here's a different approach - I'm going to list each platform on which I've played a SW game, and then give each one an A-F grade.

Arcade

> Star Wars ... how can I score this? Countless quarters - actually, our local arcade had a deal where you buy the local weekly (for $0.25) which had a coupon for 4 tokens. So every Thursday my friends and I would drive over after school, buy $5 of papers and get $20 of tokens. At a time when *all* games cost 1 token (25 cents). By the time TESB and RotJ games hit arcades, I had gone to college, moved to Castle Wolfenstein on the Apple ][+ and the arcade phase of my life was done ... [sniff]

> Star Wars Racer and Trilogy ... fun stuff I've played a couple of times ... not enough to score.

GameCube

> Rebel Strike - [_B] I've only played a few single player missions since getting it for Christmas - console's aren't my thing. But the graphics rock, and all four of us (wife and two kids and I) have a blast doing racing or rampage. It's right up there with Kirby and Mario Kart for family fun!

GameBoy Advance

> Jedi Power Battles - [C] - OK, unless you swing your saber like a bat, a single battle droid can take you out. There are stupid jump puzzles with pseudo 3D problems ... I wanted to like this game, and played it for a while.

> EpII: New Droid Army - [_B] - you get really cool powers, you get to meditate to restore power, and you can really whomp on things. The levels are decent and fun, and the story is worth following.

> Flight of the Falcon - [F] - the game is probably a D, but the awesome screenies and promise of the game put this on top of my 'Worst Wasted $$ of 2003' list with DX:IW and UnrealII.

Kids Games

> Jar Jar's Journey

> Yoda's Challenge

> Jabba's Math - I like the Yoda and Jabba games the best, as they are challenging and enjoyable enough to sit through while your kids play it for 30 minutes. Jar Jar's Journey was also very good, but my kids love music and the 'rhythm matching' game was very picky about your beat and tempo ... too picky for a game for 4-year olds, IMO. No score for these - but if you have young kids or cousins or whatever, these are fun!

PC &/or Mac

> Dark Forces - [(PC) A-, (Mac) A] - Star Wars first person shooter, great story, 3D gameplay (i.e. height), great levels & enemies, lousy save system, 'nuff said. Mac version gets full A for delivering awesome audio and 2x resolution - makes it playable today.

> Jedi Knight - [A] - You get a lightsaber, force powers, and a great story.

> Mysteries of the Sith - [A-] - I really love this game except the timed part of level 5.

> Shadows of the Empire - [C+] - ATTAP (all things to all people) ... never works. I liked the stories better than the game. FPS part was mediocre, flight part mediocre ...

> Force Commander - [D] - I tried to play this, even not liking RTS ... ugly, and I really don't like RTS. Prevented me getting GAlactic Battlegrounds.

> Ep1: TPM - [C] - Ouch! My neck hurts! WTF is with that perspective? The programmers have talked about what they had to do to get it out for launch - basically nerf the game. Parts of the game I like, and I finished it, but it is just mediocre.

> Ep1: Racer - [C+] - I like the demo better than the game. My kids and I would play the demo over and over, and then I got the full version off of eBay and realized ... it doesn't get better. Still, a fun little distraction - not as fun as gamecube stuff now, but decent.

> Jedi Knight II - [A] - Wow I love this game. It is still my 'most replayed' game ever.

> Jedi Academy - [A-] - Much of JA I like better than JKII, but they also aspired to more than they could deliver in terms of RPG-lite and flexible gameplay. Still my all-time favorite FPS.

> Knights of the Old Republic - [A+] - My #1 all-time favorite game - what a story, what an accessible RPG game.

There you have it ... my two worst SW games are

- Flight of the Falcon (GBA)

- Force Commander (PC)

... though there are obviously some turkey's I've avoided on PC, and not having played XBox or PS1 or PS2 or NES avoids others.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Here's a different approach - I'm going to list each platform on which I've played a SW game, and then give each one an A-F grade.

Mike

wow. See what happens when you get old kids..... :p

Very thorough Mike. I must admit, you have singlehandedly prevented me from buying 'Flight of The Falcon" ... For the same $$ Id rather buy another old GBA and play Final Fantasy CC multiplayer on the cube.....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by txa1265

> Ep1: TPM - [C] - Ouch! My neck hurts! WTF is with that perspective? The programmers have talked about what they had to do to get it out for launch - basically nerf the game. Parts of the game I like, and I finished it, but it is just mediocre.

yeah i didn't really like TPM until i got the cheat that allows to choose which character you wanted to be, so then i could play the whole thing though as obi-wan.

what made me laugh about TPM, apart from all the stupid angles, was the stupid clown feet everyone had.

Dark Forces [A] My first computer game ever, I loved every moment of it.

Jedi kinight [A] Got this for my birthday I had a hell of a time.

Force Commander [C] It was pretty boring, yet some of it was fun.

KOTOR [A] Although I never really played it, I watched my bro play it, from what I saw it was pretty hot.

Jedi Outcast [A+] MY FAVORITE STARWARS

Jedi Acadamy [A] Still fun and fantastic, just the story seemed a bit reduntant.

Rouge Squadren [A] This was really god, although they didn't have space missions, the missions were still very fun. I got used to the team too.

Rouge Leader [b+] It was good to see the game in a new way, yet it was missing the team feel, I always felt as if I was the only one out there.

Rebel Strike [A] Still missing the team yet it had a pretty cool 2 player mode, the ground missions SUCKED! All you do is run around and shoot. I wish it had more Air then it did ground.

Pod Racer [b+] I had fun racing sometimes, yet once you bought everything it became pretty lame.

SW Trilogy arcade [A+] I had so much fun everytime I played it. It was an arcade yet still everything in it was pretty awsome.

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the dogs that were Rebel Assault and Rebel Assault 2! Those are my hands down worst games. Sure the graphics were great for the day, but the limiting gameplay made me feel like a prisoner. Hopefully not too many of you have been tortured by these games...

I also found TPM a pretty remarkable failure. That was probably the least inventive game I have ever played....but I only wound up playing it for less than 30 min...

swoosh

Originally posted by Swoosh

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the dogs that were Rebel Assault and Rebel Assault 2! Those are my hands down worst games. Sure the graphics were great for the day, but the limiting gameplay made me feel like a prisoner. Hopefully not too many of you have been tortured by these games...

swoosh

I actually found them very fun to play for the time.

I havent played that many games likes some of you did but I can honestly say force commander was teh suck of it all.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

wow. See what happens when you get old kids..... :p

Eh?! Oh, sure, play with the old man's head ... what were we talking about ...?

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Very thorough Mike. I must admit, you have singlehandedly prevented me from buying 'Flight of The Falcon" ... For the same $$ Id rather buy another old GBA and play Final Fantasy CC multiplayer on the cube.....

Then I have done good ...

There are many good games for the GBA ... this isn't one of them.

Actually, the AotC game for GBA is supposed to be really horrid ... I waited long enough to read the GameSpot review and know not to buy it.

I actually played a bit of X-Wing Alliance, but I am so bad at PC flying games I never took to it, so I never bought it - Rebel Strike is my first real flying game.

Mike

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

SW: TPM - really crappy controls

I can't actually remember anything good with that game.

I mean, the controls where crappy, the missions were crappy, Jar-jar was there (he followed you everywhere, spamming annoying comments), the camera was stupid, Amidala followed you everywhere. You even lost if you killed Jar-Jar!

Summary: TPM sucks.

Star Wars original NES. Ok, there comes a point in time when you make a game TOO HARD, that's right, too freaking hard, i'm haunted by that game, somethimes I even think about buying it again just to see if I can really get all the millenium falcon shields to get past the asteroids, DARN YOU ASTEROIDS!

Originally posted by TheHobGoblin

Dark Forces [A] My first computer game ever, I loved every moment of it.

Jedi kinight [A] Got this for my birthday I had a hell of a time.

KOTOR [A] Although I never really played it, I watched my bro play it, from what I saw it was pretty hot.

Jedi Outcast [A+] MY FAVORITE STARWARS

Jedi Acadamy [A] Still fun and fantastic, just the story seemed a bit reduntant.

*gasp*

You put JO not only on par with JK but higher? :eek: Sacrilege! :xp: JO and JA are decent but they can't really hold candles to JK and KotoR.

you have to be a RTS player to enjoy FOCOM, I liked it because it was the first TEEN rated game i bought, the best SW game ever was KOTOR hands down, the worst ever was........GBG mybe I really liked it at first but after the CC came out I got pissed off and sent it on Permanent loan to a friend, has'ent be in my house for a month :)

forgot about that rebel assault. i got the second one on ps1 when it came out. it was good 8 years or so ago, but now it sucks! KOTOR is the best SW game ever! hope lusasarts doesn't F*** it up by not using bioware. but republic commando and battlefront look good so far.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

what was wrong with Galactic Battlegrounds? It was decent.

I like Age of Empires, but with Galactic Battlegrounds...I don't really know how to describe it, I just didn't enjoy the gameplay.

But like I said, I only played the demo version. I may still buy the full game, but I plan to wait until it's on the discount rack at Wal-Mart. Or, if people think it's pretty good, I'll buy this one and try to talk somebody into getting me KOTOR for my birthday (so I don't have to pay the fifty bucks for it...darn gas prices!).

Archived