Home

Should I get KOTOR?

-=DarkZero=-

I've been questioning myself, based on other peoples thoughts on the game. I'm one of the biggest fans of Star Wars, if not, THE BIGGEST, and want to add it to my collection, buuuuuut, the only reason I never bought it before was because of everyones oppinion.

It's online for Xbox, but I couldn't find anything about it being online for PC, anyyyway, getting right to the point,

Is it worth getting to play? Is it worth playing? Is it fun? What can you do in it, exactly?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive Tie 23. For he know not at all what he sayeth.

Tie 23.... W.T.F., buddy? :indif:...

You seemed to be a little confused about the online part of it. That's just to download a few little updated features and items and Both the PC and Xbox versions have this feature. :)

It's is absolutely worth the price. It's not only one of the best Star Wars games but one of the best games ever. It's not really as open ended as, say, Morrowind but it not a dumbed downed game either. Bioware found a seemingly perfect equilibrium; one that is appealing to both hardcore RPGers and newbies to the genre.

If you consider yourself a gamer, you owe it to yourself to purchase it as soon as possible. If you consider yourself a true Star Wars fan, only the immediate purchasing of this game, followed by a severe fast will make up for you not buying it sooner.

YES!!

Go and buy it now, you won't regret it. :D

Originally posted by Tie 23

Its good, but not worth $40-50

Only buy it if you like games like Final Fantasy and other crappy games like that.

TiE

The hell? :eyeraise: :eyeraise:

Comming from the kotor forums it's safe to say I like it.

Kotor is an rpg that tricks you into thinking it's an action game, it's based on d20 rules. What that means is that you have stats and those stats determin how good you are at anything. What it doesn't mean is that you have no control. You can run around and attack people. But it's as if there's a half degree of seperation between you and the character(though when you're playing you don't notice). I'f you like you can let the computer control a lot of the game but you can step in at anytime and directly control everyone in your party. The game is turn based, but that only affects how often you can preform actions in combat. You can and will run around on the battlefield like a chicken with it's head cut off.

The game looks better on the PC. Plus you can(with a little effort) mod the PC, and run existing user mods is easy.

All in all I'd have to say this has been the best starwars experience since the original trilogy.

Originally posted by Dante Vandetta.

Alright well, I GOT it now, I havn't installed it yet, cause I'm about to....guh, dare I say it, sleep!?(I have my mcdonalds interview tommorrow) So it's online? Like I can download the online part for it?

There is no "multiplay" (ie. playing with other people) in KOTOR, it is only a single player game. However you can download little goodies and updates to the single-player game from patches.

NOW WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, INSTALL THE GAME AND PLAY!! :D

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

Say goodbye to sleep, it will be your last....!!

He's right.... I hardly slept for 3 or 4 days straight on the holidays.... I did nothing but KOTOR.... and I know its sad, but I dont feel like having those hours back :p They were well spent...

Hey, i have a word in this discussion, and now that he has already bought the game, we shouldn't be complaining about wether or not he should get the game, i have the game myself, I think its to easy though, and the graphics arent the best, but the fighting animations are good, but the load times are long and the save files are huge! they are like 1600 blocks on the xbox, and thats like what? 250mb or something (Im way off, i know) but that hardly matters, well, and the discussions are boring, it was very fun the first time around, but its hard to continue a second time. :rolleyes: Grabs Rhett's cane and bang it over his head.

And BCanr2d2, you are so right, the first day i played for 7 hours strait, all the way from Taris to the end of the Jediacademy on Dantooine, i went to sleep at lke 3:30 am :D

And if you want to talk to me mono-e-mono, put reigell23@hotmail.com in the "find contacts thing in MSN messager" cause I hate AIM

TiE

I think that it (KOTOR) is the best game ever made in the history games. The first time I played it was six or seven hours without geting up, and I got off only because I forced off by SF & SD, I looked like my soul had left my bodie. ya it is the best game ever.

by the way Tie if the graphics arn't good it's because your computer can't handel the models the game is Totally Lifelike. :p

Originally posted by •-BLaCKouT-•

That "taking turns" thing is putting me off it. :( It's unavoidable when you're doind pen/paper RPGing, but when I'm playing comp games, I like to run in and hit things like in JA/JO. But I do love SW.

Is there a demo out for it? I'd like to try it before I spend £35 on it...

B.

Actually I like this setup better than the hack and slash games that require only button pushing. And I used to be the biggest slash and hack fan. KOTOR actually involves some skill, such as switching to ion weapons to battle droids, and deciding which foe to go after first, because that does affect the outcome of each seperate battle. And it's not necessarily a "stop and choose your move before you attack each time" game. You can choose moves in real time, OR stop and assign each character a move, force power, grenade etc. and assign them to attack a person with that move. Or you can do both. It's simply amazing.

The storyline is amazing, there are so many different things that you can do. Even the smallest things in the game are awesome. And at the end of the game, I was actually sad, like, I had actually gotten attached to the characters. That's how immersing it is. I'm on my second time around, and it still hasn't lost it's luster, even though I'm doing light side again. I still have to try the dark side.

SO SPEND YOUR MONEY!

And yes, please forgive Tie... apparently his brain isn't working correctly. :p

It's not taking turns in the standard sense. If you stand there and do nothing, you're going to be killed. :D It's really only, "taking turns" in the sense that you can pause gameplay and tell your team members to do certain attacks as their next attacks. :) I was worried about the, "taking turns" thing before I tried it too and found my worries to be completely unfounded.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Forgive Tie 23. For he know not at all what he sayeth.

Tie 23.... W.T.F., buddy? :indif:...

You seemed to be a little confused about the online part of it. That's just to download a few little updated features and items and Both the PC and Xbox versions have this feature. :)

It's is absolutely worth the price. It's not only one of the best Star Wars games but one of the best games ever. It's not really as open ended as, say, Morrowind but it not a dumbed downed game either. Bioware found a seemingly perfect equilibrium; one that is appealing to both hardcore RPGers and newbies to the genre.

If you consider yourself a gamer, you owe it to yourself to purchase it as soon as possible. If you consider yourself a true Star Wars fan, only the immediate purchasing of this game, followed by a severe fast will make up for you not buying it sooner.

right on rhett Kotor is one of the best star wars games ever.

Originally posted by Tie 23

it was very fun the first time around, but its hard to continue a second time.

I just started playing this game again today. This is my 5th time through. It is in no way hard to continue a second time.

I'm glad you made the right choice Dante.

Originally posted by GonkH8er

He's right.... I hardly slept for 3 or 4 days straight on the holidays.... I did nothing but KOTOR.... and I know its sad, but I dont feel like having those hours back :p They were well spent...

LMFAO, only 3-4 days? I don't sleep from 2 to 6 weeks man. -_-, But now I have to work again, so...my nightmares of sleep are returning, the games pretty sick, but I still can't get over the fact that Xbox gets online :@ Anyway, now to read the rest of the posts.

K I read the rest of em, and well, it's Alright, and wicked and stuff, but it doesn't come close to being as good as Galaxies ;_;

Archived