Home

New starwars DVD Edition Screens (Spoilers)

Fishflesh

ian_palpatine_esb.jpg

*Just before Christmas Ian came into Soho, London to do some ADR for the newly replaced/made scene in ESB. They have ILM'd the antechamber so it's bigger and the whole scene has been reshot (not the Vader close ups) plus a couple of tiny dialogue changes made. Nothing earth-shattering. *

above is the new version, below is the old one.

if been waiting a long time for this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Just before Christmas Ian came into Soho, London to do some ADR for the newly replaced/made scene in ESB. They have ILM'd the antechamber so it's bigger and the whole scene has been reshot (not the Vader close ups) plus a couple of tiny dialogue changes made. Nothing earth-shattering. *

I'm TERRIFIED to see what else they'll do...

Originally posted by pbguy1211

I'm TERRIFIED to see what else they'll do...

agreed...

I didn't think it was all that bad personally...but the new one is...a little bit too clear...kinda creeps me out.

Oh well...as long as they fix Greedo's pathetic shot in the cantina I'll give him a little slack...if not...well...there's always the option of storming Skywalker Ranch.;)

Bah. The dialogue changes scare me more then revamping the Emperor. The monkey eyes on an old lady's face was bad...real bad...

By the way, they should fix the "Greedo-shot-first-at-point-blank-range-and-missed" and the damn annoying song at Jabba's palace they put in the SE. The old one was damn better.

Originally posted by NL_Ackbar

remember guys this is only a pic the real thing is something else...

I hope that the real thing is a more convincing Emporer, I don't know who that is, but it looks nothing like Ian McDiarmid. I hope it is just a stand-in for what the final product will look like (as in the reporting agency didn't actually have pics, but photoshopped one of their people into the scene to represent the change).

If this is a real screen, leave it the old way.

and we should start a group to campaign for the removal of Greedo shooting first. We could call it: the Association for Han Shooting First Rather Than Greedo, Please Listen to Us George Lucas (or A.H.S.F.R.T.G.P.L.U.G.L. for short)

Originally posted by Darth Homer

I hope that the real thing is a more convincing Emporer, I don't know who that is, but it looks nothing like Ian McDiarmid.

You're right, but it looks very close to what the emperor in OT looked like. Palpatine's wasting away, remember? He's not going to look the same after all those years of using the full power of the dark side.

and we should start a group to campaign for the removal of Greedo shooting first. We could call it: the Association for Han Shooting First Rather Than Greedo, Please Listen to Us George Lucas (or A.H.S.F.R.T.G.P.L.U.G.L. for short)

Let's do it! We're gonna plan a field trip to Skywalker ranch! And if he doesn't listen to us, we'll MAKE him listen to us!

Showed this to some people at work today. The Concensus was that it sucked. And we even have our suspicions as to whether or not it's even real. Because it looks too fake.

Seeing as how it wouldn't be very hard to make a fake one, we think this may be the case. It looks too hokey, even for Lucas' current tastes. Seriously, the detail and texture to the face is AWFUL.

hell yeah! but wyou need a F.F.S at the end, so its

T.A.F.H.S.F.R.T.G.P.L.U.G.L.F.F.S

catchy

i like what they did there, providing it's real.

and before you start shouting blasphemy; i actually grew up on the OT. Went to see Empire as it came out (wasn't interested in movies when Star Wars debuted)..

i always thought those little things would keep you from actually connecting the two trilogies in one take. Now i disagree, thanks to these little changes. Look at the Emperor as he lifts his chin in Jedi; you'll find that he looks quite like this image.

The dialogue is described as 'nothing earth shattering', so don't hold your breath for a Death Star 2 mention.

Archived