Home

New starwars DVD Edition Screens (Spoilers)

Fishflesh

Yeah, please don't.

You know, usually I don't like to criticize Lucas, but remaking the OT could result in the Apocalypse.

Ben Affleck as Han Solo or even this stupid guy that stars the treasure of the Amazon with The Rock as Luke. (He also appears in American Pie).

Vader attacking Han Solo first in Bespin, Vader being re-designed and Qui-Gon's spirit in the Ewok village, which by the way, along with its inhabitants has been completely CG-ed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

Vader attacking Han Solo first in Bespin, Vader being re-designed and Qui-Gon's spirit in the Ewok village, which by the way, along with its inhabitants has been completely CG-ed.

Please don't say that that's happening...

Yeah, please don't.

You know, usually I don't like to criticize Lucas, but remaking the OT could result in the Apocalypse.

Ben Affleck as Han Solo or even this stupid guy that stars the treasure of the Amazon with The Rock as Luke. (He also appears in American Pie).

OH THE HORROR! THE HUMANITY! PLEASE OH LORD NO! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, please don't.

remember qui-gon has been killed

obi-wan and yoda did die is some special way so thay could become a spirit and talk to pepole while there death

Originally posted by NL_Ackbar

remember qui-gon has been killed

obi-wan and yoda did die is some special way so thay could become a spirit and talk to pepole while there death

Wrong. Remember, Anikan was there, and he was killed.

Originally posted by NL_Ackbar

there is no proof that the spirit guy standing next to obi-one and yoda is anakin.

You're ****ting us right? The actor was Sebastian Shaw, who was credited as Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker in the credits. Not to mention he has the exact same face than Anakin's when the mask was removed.

Besides, who ELSE would it be? o_o

No, they don't and no no one else needs to be added. Those people are the three Jedi that are directly linked to Luke. Why would Mace, who doesn't have anything to do with Luke, be there?

And it IS Anakin. I suggest you watch Ep6 again, look closely to Darth Vader after Luke removes his mask and then look closely to the third blue ghost alongside Yoda and Ben.

Of course it's Anakin, and of course Qui-Gon won't be added... I was just kidding about the worst that could happen.

Yeah, I mean... the worst that could happen is George going back and re-doing a lot of the movies. Such as a dance scene in Jabba's palace, and the end of Ep. 6... wait... oh sh*t that wasn't a dream!

Seriously, I'm EXPECTING him to screw it up some more! I'm counting on it quite frankly. He's gotten to damn cute with all his CG and has lost all track of what actually makes a movie. Strong characters and a strong script. Which neither of the past 2 have had. And now he's going back and adding all this cutesy crap in the OT with his CG ****.

Well guys, I hope you're sitting down 'cause you're gonna need a chair. GREAT news (unconfirmed I guess) from IGN DVD:

Ok, there has been a lot of discussion on what exactly we will be getting when we open our silver Darth Vader box on September 21. I've heard so many different things from different people. "they are releasing the original," "they are not changing anything." Could you please tell me what we know for sure. Like, will it be the special edition, or is he defiantly changing it again.

Josh

Andy responds: My understanding is that it's the Special Edition from 1997 with further modifications. The CG that was added in 1997 will be improved, since a few of them were really not that good (Han and Jabba in the dock, for example), and in a rare sign of listening to his fanbase, Han will shoot first again.

Source: http://dvd.ign.com/mail.html

You better be right Andy... my hopes are up now...

Originally posted by Chase Windu

Rare sign of listening to fans me @$$. I, for one would have prefered them making the decision to putting the original cut of the film from 1977 on dvd.

Oh well, at least Han shoots first again....I guess.

Will you stop being so cynical? :p The Special Edition was amazing. The only thing I didn't like about them was Greedo shooting first, and now it appears to be fixed! I couldn't be happier . As long as it turns out to be true, of course.

*crosses fingers*

I hope they remove Luke's scream when he lets himself fall into the shaft on Cloud City after the saber fight with Vader!!!

That one bugs me almost as much as the Han/ Greedo scene.

But I'll believe all of this when I actually see it.

i'm so glad they're changing to back to han shooting first. hopefully they'll also fixed the jabba scene in ANH... then i will truely be happy.

this isn't the first time GL has listened to the fans though... remember when N-SYNC where going to be in Ep II as extras, but GL changed his mind after the outcry. that was a close one.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Will you stop being so cynical? :p The Special Edition was amazing. The only thing I didn't like about them was Greedo shooting first, and now it appears to be fixed! I couldn't be happier . As long as it turns out to be true, of course.

*crosses fingers*

Same here. As long as the Han thing is corrected, everything's good, everything's fine.

Great news! Hope it's true.

Oh! Chase, remember what I told you about the OT being released in DVD... you'll get it... in a six pack (or special OT pack) in 2006.

Originally posted by Siv

this isn't the first time GL has listened to the fans though... remember when N-SYNC where going to be in Ep II as extras, but GL changed his mind after the outcry. that was a close one.

That was a nasty rumor, as far as I know. Some bloke who was pissed off about not seeing Chewie in TPM who made that up, probably >_>

Chase...truth be told...I don't think that there is a majority of us here who went to go see ANH in theaters in 1977...

Myself? I first saw it when I was about 3...all the original versions of course...but I didn't have too long to wait till the THX version came out (when I was like 8 or 9 maybe? somethin like that). It came out to enough acclaim that SE soon came out in theaters and that was an awesome experiance for me and made many of my friends SW fans then and likely made many here SW fans rather than the Original versions.

Archived