Home

Assimilate Giving "_humanoid.gla" Error

OB1 KNOB

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed Psykosith's tutorial and I set up everything the way I believe it's supposed to be and when I take my newly exported .XSI and try to run Assimilate, I end up with a problem.

When I click on "Add Files" and choose the JA "_humanoid.gla" it gives back an error message saying that the .gla cannot be found.

I'm pretty much out of ideas since I've already tried doing it 15 times.

Please help if you have any ideas. It's probably something easy that I overlooked.:(:mad:

I'm not sure this is THE solution, but, make sure the path of the folder the gla is in does not have spaces.

d:/gamedata/base/models/players/humanoid/humanoid.gla

good

d:/program files/lucas arts/....

bad

I extracted most of the assets files in a shallow path much like the first path I gave you and I work out of there. Carcass does not seem to like really long path names either.

Okay, I took your advice and put the "_humanoid.gla" in a folder directory without spaces and then it loaded the gla.

Thank you very much!:)

Now, however, when I click on B and tell it to compile, I give it the name of "model.car" and then get this error:

Process returned error: 1

( c:\games\modelcompiling\carcass.exe -silent C:\Games\ModelCompiling\model.car")

Again if anyone knows what that means (I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere) I would appreciate the help.

First model is being a pain!:mad: :mad:

Nevermind. I finally figured it out! :bounce1:

I used this tutorial by MacD for anyone that is interested.

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4708

It is an addendum to Spacemonkey's tutorial. It has a good section on using Assimilate. ;)

It's been around for a while, I just never knew about it. It seems out of place on the site, since it's not in the section with the rest of the tutorials.

It seems odd that there's so little documentation for this program seeing as it's so integral to getting models in game.:confused:

I also found PsykoSith's tutorials very, very helpful in giving more detail to integral parts of the process.

PyskoSith's Site

Oh well.

Thanks for your advice ksk h2o, it really helped point me in the right direction. :)

Originally posted by 7th Jedi

Nevermind. I finally figured it out! :bounce1:

I used this tutorial by MacD for anyone that is interested.

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4708

It is an addendum to Spacemonkey's tutorial. It has a good section on using Assimilate. ;)

Thanks for your advice ksk h2o, it really helped point me in the right direction. :)

Yeas those two are what got my first models into JO... but still leave you to figure some stuff out to yourself.

Np, you've given me some very helpful pointers yourself ;)

Hi,

I´ve got this problem :

Process returned error: 1

( c:\games\modelcompiling\carcass.exe -silent C:\Games\ModelCompiling\model.car")

too.

But I didn´t find anythig witch can help me.

Can someone from here help me ?

Thanks @ ksk h2o this was my first problem, too.

*sry für post*

So far so good ... but now if comes such a Error :

XSI import failed, code = 4599 (file 'd:/lucasarts/starwarsjediknightjediacademy

/gamedata/base/models/players/alo/root.XSI')

O.o Hö ?

can someone help ?

After a few Houers of testing ...

The Error is now change to :

Carcass (GLA/GLM compiler) v2.1. © Raven Software 1998-2003.

Written by Gil Gribb, Ste Cork, James Monroe, Mike Crowns

-------- C:\Base\models\players\alo\wars --------

( Build trigger: "c:\base\models\players\alo\wars.glm" missing )

entering c:\base\models\players\alo\wars.car

(90 degree skewing OFF)

Loading GLA "humanoid/humanoid.gla"...21376 frames

Grabbed 1 files with 21376 frames

Processing 'c:/base/models/players/alo/root.XSI'

XSI import failed, code = 6210 (file 'c:/base/models/players/alo/root.XSI')

( Press any Key ... )

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

Wow, first time i've ever seen these error codes...:eek: Maybe if i see the max file i can tell you whats wrong.

I've had the same error as I used his root.xsi

Strange... because when I export his *.max-file by myself, I just get the usual errors (like weight not found etc.):confused:

Archived