Home

DVD-ROM poll

Alien426

Do you have a DVD-ROM drive in your PC?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a DVD-ROM drive in your PC?

• I'm from the USA and have a DVD drive.
    • I'm from the USA and don't have a DVD drive.
    • I'm from outside the USA and have a DVD drive.
    • I'm from outside the USA and don't have a DVD drive.

CGW's January issue had the full games Deus Ex, Thief 2 and Warlords Battlecry. There was a lot of confusion and complaining about the medium they were on, though. CGW dared to introduce the DVD to American PC gamers!

In Europe (or more precisely in Germany) it's common for the magazines to offer (monthly!) DVDs on the cover. They are loaded with videos (game / movie trailers, game reviews...), demos, mods and the likes.

I'm wondering if there are in fact so few Americans who own a DVD drive.

I reckon Americans are just too dumb to cope with having games on DVD. I hear they've only recently grasped the concept of the compact disc in a non-frisbee context, so throwing another identical-looking format into the mix is asking for trouble.

I'm relieved.

I now know I'm preaching to the wrong poeple, but there still seem to be a lot of guys who want to juggle with 6 CDs when installing UT2004. A good graphics card is around $200 and a DVD drive $30. You obviously need a lot of video power to run Unreal Tournament, so why not shell out some more bucks to get a decent drive?!

Originally posted by Huz

I reckon Americans are just too dumb to cope with having games on DVD. I hear they've only recently grasped the concept of the compact disc in a non-frisbee context, so throwing another identical-looking format into the mix is asking for trouble.

Whoa, Huz, that's some completely awesome unintentional pun action you've got going there.

Archived