Home

007 and Britney Spears do not mix well

topshot

http://in.news.yahoo.com/040203/139/2ba3h.html

Kind of makes me wonder why she'd want to be a Bond girl. She's a pretty bad singer, in my opinion. Heck, her clothes are too revealing. Even though Madonna had something to do with this, Spears shouldn't follow in her foot steps. I think it'll just make her look even worse. If she did get a role, the Bond franchise would take a downfall.

Like I said before, that's just my opinion.

I can see her now, holding the gun backwards, screaming when they do the stunt scenes, braking out into sound on the set and forgeting she can't sing with out her electronics, unlike other girls at highschool talent contests, who can do it with put that stuff :D She would suck! Might as well have Jessica Simpson do a Bond movie. :rolleyes:

TiE

I hate bond, he's a pig and the worlds worst spy. Somehow Connery made it watchable. I just can't shake the feeling that I could beat this bond fresh out of the shower, only tom cruise would be easier.

As for spears, I wouldn't pay to she here in much(though I'd download it), but I don't see how she's any worse than Grace Jones, though I like Grace's music more...

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I'm sure they could find someone better, though. She can't sing, and I bet she can't act either.

In that department - anyone remember when Cindy Crawford was in that generic movie with that generic Baldwin brother? She was so bad, and her voice so annoying, that they had to dub over lots of it ...

... is Cindy still thought about ... ?

Mike

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Don't let your age show like that, Mike!:p

I think it's a bit late for that, don't you?!?

I always liked Cindy - smart, respectable, beautiful ... pretty darn wholesome by today's skank o' the hour standard!

I can see why Cindy would be gone - she was born the same year as me, and given I'm old enough to be a parent to the average age person here ... that would trigger that whole 'same age as your mother' thing ...

Mike

"Britney's desperate to carve out a name for herself as an actress and loves the idea of being a Bond girl. She's in great shape and thinks she'd be brilliant", a source said.

Hmm, false pride always leads to bad, bad things. Well Britney, you might think you'd be brilliant, but then again, I bet you think you're good at singing as well...and we need not say anymore on that subject =P

I hate it how singers assume that because they're famous and wealthy, mainly due to the selling of their image as opposed to any actual good music, they have overriding priority to star in movies, and that they will actually do well from it. I can't think of any singer-turned-actors that have produced any performances worthy of recognition.

"Britney has seen what it's done profile wise for Halle Berry and she wants a slice of the action", the source added. (ANI)

This is the sort of attitude that gets me really riled up. People like Britney Spears are only interested in enhancing their own popularity in the media. And Halle Berry? What it's done for her profile? 'Scuse me for saying, but Die Another Day was by far the worst Bond film to date, and Halle Berry's role did not help it one bit. Next time they decide to make a Bond movie, they should actually focus on a decent quality storyline, and recruit some actors (preferably not so well-known - fact is there are hundreds of actresses out there who could play the part a million times better than any billion-dollar worth singer) with some talent, I'm sure there are some out there somewhere. Hell, even I'd make a better Bond girl than Britney Spears...

That's a nice image for you to go away with ;D

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

simply put: oh my word

I like the phrase "concentrate on her acting career". Shouldn't it be more a case of "create an acting career"?

Indeed. If a celebrity say they have a career in something, does that automatically make it so?

I'm starting to think it does...

reminds me of beyonce in austin powers 3..you need AN ACTOR, why get a friggin pop star

britney the attention whore should be HELD AWAY from this, even though I lost my interest in the latest bond films cause of the cheap plots

Originally posted by Prime

Indeed. If a celebrity say they have a career in something, does that automatically make it so?

I'm starting to think it does...

Only if they can get themselves caught on video saying it, and get that tape on E! or whatever ... the whole 'famous for .... ?' culture has reached new heights ...

Mike

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

reminds me of beyonce in austin powers 3..you need AN ACTOR, why get a friggin pop star

britney the attention whore should be HELD AWAY from this, even though I lost my interest in the latest bond films cause of the cheap plots

No they needed a writer and some new ideas...

Ellen DeGeneres should be the next bond girl... at least it would be funny. :dozey: And when her short term memory loss kicks in when defusing a bomb, that will be the day for sure...

You can see Britneys boobs thru her shirt on one of the Pepsi commercials.

TiE

Well, gee, Britney already tried getting into acting...I can't remember the name of the movie, but I do remember that I didn't watch it and it flopped in the box office.

Personally, I think she wants to use Bond to create a movie career...but I've only watched one Bond movie with Pierce Brosnan...he's such a pathetic Bond that it's just not worth it anymore. I'll just stick to the Sean Connery reruns on TBS.

Put Pierce Brosnan & Britney Spears together, and you've definitely got a recipe for failure.

This is what would happen to people in theatres across the world: :explode:

Archived