Home

Can it make a comeback?

SamNMax

Will they revive it?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will they revive it?

• Yes! We'll break them, no matter how long it takes!
    • No. Adventure games are dead. Lucasarts is right, they will never make a comeback. We need to move on. We're stuck in the past.

After reading the many replies from outraged fans to the Sam and Max 2 petition thread, a question has come up in my mind: will Lucasarts reconsider and revive the long awaited sequel, or will they continue to crush our spirits with games like Secret Wepons over Normandy, Armed and Dangerous, and *shudder* Mercanaries? So, will we continue to sign online petitions and send angry e-mails, or do we need to ecsept that adventure games are dead, and we're stuck in the past and should move on? VOTE!!!!!!!111111111111one

Well, I don't have any problem with LucasArts working with Totally Games and reviving the "Secret Weapons" franchise, and I applaud the decision to partner with the brilliant Planet Moon studios to release Armed & Dangerous, the funniest LEC game since DOTT / Sam & Max.

LucasArts was never an exclusively Adventure Game company, and I don't see the reason to rip on their current non-SW games to make a point about the Sam & Max cancellation.

These other games (including Mercenaries, Gladius and Wrath) help keep LucasArts from becoming a SW / Indy only games-churning machine.

having said that, of course I agree there's still a place for adventure gaming. Hell, KOTOR is an adventure game, and it's the most successful LucasArts release in ages.

well i'm an optimist, i can't see how LA will not release it after this much outrage from them cancelling it.

but then are they telling the truth about why it was cancelled?

the fact is they take a bath on very star wars game they release. surely they could survive one game that doesn't sell as much?

if the game was 80% done then why not complete it and at least recoup some money? i mean some is better than nothing right?

personally I don’t completely buy their reasoning and think maybe there is more to it.

Archived