Home

Friendly Fire?

Wai_TungLeung

Do you like servers with friendly fire on?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like servers with friendly fire on?

• Yeah!
    • No way!
    • Depends / sometimes / don't mind

So do you like your future battlefront battles to have friendly fire turned on or off?

I look for the servers with no friendly fire enabled as I find it a terrible experience. I mean it is all nice looking for the realisic experience, but not good when you find me accidenly shooting you by mistake. Now considering there will be clear uniform differences in the game I don't think this will be much of a problem for me.

What really annoys me is when my team does nothing but kills itself over and over again, while the other team is sensible enough to mass against us. And what really really annoys me is when I accidenly kill my team mate and I then get kicked out of the server, why have the friendly fire turned on then?

Anyway, best make it clear again, this is about personal preference, not whether it should or should not be included in the game.

I love Friendly Fire servers. It makes the game more challenging and realistic. But I can understand why some people don't like it. Especially when they have to worry about idiotic TK'ers who get their fun by intentionally killing their teammates. But I haven't really had too many bad experiences with TK'ers. I've been fortunate I guess.

TKing is an incredibly bad problem on some BF42 and BFV servers. Its bad enough to ruin a gaming experience or the game itself in MP. Being able to turn friendly fire off basically screws TKers in there a$$, and they have to find another game. top idea.

your right, theres no need at all for frinedly fire turned on, so it doesnt matter if its off.

Those who abuse it get kicked immediately, so no harm in FF

I like FF in Enemy territory since you can call airstrikes and easily thow grenades in that game, with FF you have to watch out. As a medic I TK-revive from time to time so thats also a plus point

I do not like it for Jedi Academy though, no need to make it more realistic there i say and when playing it, well i dont like it.

I'm not sure if i will like it for sw:bf. It resembles much more to ET than JA, BUT i dont think theres revive there now is it ;)

I think its great and it sucks at the same time, depending on who your playing with.

When I ran a JKII way back when, I would turn it on sometimes when I knew the people I was playing with, and trusted them not to abuse it. It added a new dynamic to just spraying fire in every direction and hope you hit someone on the other team. It makes people stop and think more strategically. How to hit the enemy without TKing. It was lots of fun.

Conversley, If I was not familiar with the people I was playing with, I generally left it off becuase of little kids who like to abuse it, or people who get all bent out of shape and offended when they get TKed accidentally.

Yeah friendley fire makes it more fun but onece in JKA I was doing a siege (star destroyer) and one other person switched to the rebels I did too because they are my fav but people started abuseing Friendley fire and started shooting me because I kept switching to rebels and let me tell you team switching was on so they have no right to shoot me but they did talk about lameing:( ! I thing in battle front I think friendley fire would be ok!:):D:cool:;):p:rolleyes::amidala::biggs::ewok:

i don't mind friendly fire but i prefer not to have it because there may be people who go out to kill teammates for fun which causes anyone who kills a team member hated even if it was an accident. yeah most people are cool if you accidentaly kill team members if u say your sorry but i rather have the whole killing of a teammate not there.

As with all things, as long as it is an option that you can turn on and off, it's just a matter of personal choice which server you join. IN games like Enemy Territory, I actually prefer it to be on, even though I've accidentally TK'd a few times recently. Mostly people walking in front of me just as I'm using the panzerfaust, for example - although these tired old eyes sometimes get confused at a distance. It adds to the realism of that particular scenario, and I think it would add to the realism of SW Battlefront.

Friendly fire is more realistic so I would prefer it. While some would argue that FF off would deter Tkers, I assure you that in a game such as this, there are so many more ways to be a greifer.

One favorite of smacktards on FF off servers is to sit in a vehicle and use it to detroy their teamates vehicles. Essentially they destroy their own teams resources and therefore ability to fight.

If FF is off you can't even kill them to stop them at least temporarily. Plus, it isn't TKing so if a program such as punkbuster is on, it won't kick them.

It's amazing how much fun some people have at doing nothing more than causing others misery. I really don't get it.

Anyway, these are things you'll have to think about.

FF is good at 50%

because it makes it hard to kill someone by accident but team mates can still get killed by a miss aimed hell fire or lasers

i dont really think it would be possible to accidently kill a team mate anyway since the different sides look completly different so you would be a fool to not tell the difference:rolleyes:

freindly fire is good coz it means you have to know your team. however if you have god damn retardson you're team it can suck have FF on, i got experience of this fromplaying LAN games of firearms. i had some ****ing retarsds on my team and they shotme up a lot.

to me, it depends on which sort of game im playing. such tactic-shooters as sw:bf, bf:v and the like have sort of a must to have it on cuz that makes it much more realistic and you have to be more cautious whom you shoot at.

in pure shooters like ut2kx, i dont need nor want ff cuz - these are games where you have enough ammo to kill a little town... so one should use it.

I'm not a fan of friendly fire, not because I don't like realism, but because one bad player who TKs can totally destroy the flow of a game.

I can remember one game in UT2K4, just during the demo, when a single player basically wasted an entire game because he started going around TKing. It's bad enough when you have griefers who decide that it's more fun to piss people off than to play as a team, and the more tools they have to do that, the worse things can get.

I feel that the benefits of realism added by friendly fire are more than outweighed by the problems caused by TKers.

I just had the chance to try out cod mp lately, and I love it how they fixed it. When you damage a teammate, you damage yourself

This automaticly warns you to watch your fire since you'll be killing yourself, and you cant tk others (only yourself) and this not lame, only thing you can do if you want to piss off people is to walk in your teammates grenades I think, but they are aimed at the enemy and if you dont watch you're dead

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

I just had the chance to try out cod mp lately, and I love it how they fixed it. When you damage a teammate, you damage yourself

This automaticly warns you to watch your fire since you'll be killing yourself, and you cant tk others (only yourself) and this not lame, only thing you can do if you want to piss off people is to walk in your teammates grenades I think, but they are aimed at the enemy and if you dont watch you're dead

I just bought COD from ebay for $20 with shipping (the US version with instruction WOOHOO). So is multiplayer pretty good? One of my Desert Combat teammates said they screwed up the COD scope for the sniper rifle in a patch which made him stop playing...funny, he never snipes in DC. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Huntsman

I just bought COD from ebay for $20 with shipping (the US version with instruction WOOHOO). So is multiplayer pretty good? One of my Desert Combat teammates said they screwed up the COD scope for the sniper rifle in a patch which made him stop playing...funny, he never snipes in DC. *shrugs*

CoD Multiplayer is a lot of fun. But I haven't played it in a long while (I'm having some PC problems at the moment) so I don't know if the latest patch screwed the game up or not. I can say this: Sniping is (or was) extremely easy in CoD. The very first time I ever played that game online I racked up a very high kill rate while sniping. So, if the latest patch did something to make sniping harder -- then believe me it's a good thing. That means you have to really train yourself if you want to be good at it. :)

I don't like friendly fire mainly because I have bad aim... Haha, but really I wouldn't like it if my own teammate hit me but it would be good to have as an option to turn on and off. Sometimes I would play with it on, but I prefer not to.

Originally posted by Gukkjo

I don't like friendly fire mainly because I have bad aim... Haha, but really I wouldn't like it if my own teammate hit me but it would be good to have as an option to turn on and off. Sometimes I would play with it on, but I prefer not to.

ahh so you're one of the muppets that shoots his own team

LOL only joking dude

Archived