Home

The avatar issue: against removing

Alegis

Given all the facts, and all the points you've made, I'll appeal to the numbers.

Here's what we're going to do...

I'm going to move this to the JK.net feedback forum

I'm going to let each opposing side start a thread there

Post only once in either of the threads to show support for your side

Only users with over 300 posts will be counted. This is to prevent either side from registering additional users to effectively stuff the ballot.

Do not in anyway spam, trick, or otherwise coerce other users into posting. Label the thread clearly.

The polls close on Friday, March 26th, at 6 PM EST.

That seems the fairest way to conduct things at this point.

It will not be easy to post a poll since new accounts can be created easily and vote, which is of course not the purpose

As matt posted; 1 thread for each side; 1 post (if you want to add stuff edit your post) and no messing in the other topic..I suggest the replies are counted as a poll?

you reply to state why you agree with the topic title. You do not post to debate, even if you're neutral

THREAD for the FAMOUS AVATAR ISSUE: AGAINST REMOVING IT

------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO:

it may not seem as a that big deal but it's a good discussion and I like those. Anyways; I've never gone with the femism idea. A good site that explains why I find it wrong;

http://www.feminismiswrong.com/plainwrong1.htm

At first i thought femism was a great thing because it seemed they were under pressure, but eventually you'll only have to show a movie of 6 secs where a man comes home from work and the wife stayed home, made meal and takes care of the children and they complain already. or whatever generalisation men make and woman dont

I'm against removing it; because stationary is ok but bouncing isnt? The reason; "it gets portraid that women are nothing but lust objects". Wouldnt an anime sig of a guy walking down the beach in swimming trunks and make the chest shine (sun that reflects in waterdrops) be the same? also seen as a lust object? would that be accepted? Yes.. because it's more subtle.. Reason is we wouldnt mind at all, and thats why some of us reacted to the female side who found the avatar offensive wrong, because we wouldnt mind at all in opposite direction and we think they're exaggerating

May it be a help, you can block images from certain adresses with firewalls

Archived