Home

Sam & Max the series

daltysmilth

Near the top of my list of "TV Shows They Need To Release On DVD" is a certain Fox Kids Show that I'm sure many of you are familiar with. It featured a dog dressed as a film noir style detective and a naked, white hyperkinetic rabbity-thing. Their only purpose in life was to pummel criminals and eat Glazed McGuffins. And they were all out of Glazed McGuffins. Sam & Max: Freelance Police was perhaps the best Fox Kids cartoon since The Tick, and they cancelled it. Which proved once again that Fox doesn't know what to do with good shows.

Awesome. I got a cheap-O Sam and Max DVD off of eBay that's poorly put together and glitchy when played. The only reason I got it was because of six extra missing Sam and Max episodes on the DVD that are not on the tapes.

Are you distributing copies of your DVD?

Of course I am NOT distributing them... but with a few basic video-capture skills and the program "DVD-Lab" (free evaluation version available at MediaChance ) you can basically do that yourself.

By the way, my DVD is in PAL (as opposed to NTSC, the North American video-standard), since I am from Germany. And it took really long converting the Videos from NTSC to PAL.

Amazed. I'm amazed. Excellent. And the cover front looks -extremely- good. I'm not kidding. Extremely good. Where do you work? Or are your skills non-commerical? If so, get up a portfolio, and win a designjob. =] Or something. I solute you and promote you for "Best guy ever" this year. (so far) =]

Ha ha cheers. Good job.

Right now I am stuck at my civil-service (until July). Before that I took a 3-year apprenticeship as media-designer... and I hope to get a design-job after my civil-service. (though I mainly did video-editing, compositing, 3D-graphics and visual-effects)

If you're interested in more of my stuff, check out my site LucasArts Soundtracks and maybe THIS (CLICK HERE) forum thread, which turned from poster-size cover-scans into alternative-covers for LucasArts games, and back to normal. Right now it's pretty much in idle... mainly because of me... sorry.

*g*

Well, I would LOVE to have Seinfeld on DVD too... unfortunately the TV-Rips you can find on several P2P-networks are really bad quality... otherwise I probably would've done them too. But I DID make a 2DVD-set from the first season of Scrubs (here in Germany we're at the beginning of season 2 now).

But regarding Seinfeld covers... what do you need? How many discs? Divided into complete seasons? Gimme details...

Originally posted by Laserschwert

*g*

Well, I would LOVE to have Seinfeld on DVD too... unfortunately the TV-Rips you can find on several P2P-networks are really bad quality... otherwise I probably would've done them too. But I DID make a 2DVD-set from the first season of Scrubs (here in Germany we're at the beginning of season 2 now).

But regarding Seinfeld covers... what do you need? How many discs? Divided into complete seasons? Gimme details...

While your at it, could you do DuckTales? *g*

;)

• 1 year later...

I've found a few downloadable episodes via eMule, including:

A Glitch In Time - After encountering a Giant Octopus, the pair go back in time and mess about with history - until Max erases their partnership.

Bad Day On The Moon - A case on the Moon involving giant roaches. 'Nuff said? (contains several lines from the game, including "You crack me up, l'il buddy" from the S&M2 trailer, by the way)

The Second Show Ever - They give a talk at a local school about how great Freelance Policing is. Then give a road trip.

Max's Big Day - Max becomes the king of a tribe of hamsters, choosing to turn his back on the Freelance Police.

They Drop At Dawn - Their newest case is searching deepest darkest Central Park for the Commissioner's lost keys.

But the most interesting for me is the next one:

They Came From Down Under - The team seek to stop a deranged madman, whose giant mutated fish sneaks out of a lake at night to steal people's brains, turning them into mindless zombies.

Sound familiar?

I'm kinda hoping that since Toon Disney seems to have turned into a dumping ground for old Fox Kids programming (I mean, they've got the Tick, Spider-Man, X-Men, pretty much every form of Power Rangers, and Digimon), maybe they'll eventually pick up Sam & Max. If that happens, I could just tape the episodes one by one.

• 5 months later...
I'm kinda hoping that since Toon Disney seems to have turned into a dumping ground for old Fox Kids programming (I mean, they've got the Tick, Spider-Man, X-Men, pretty much every form of Power Rangers, and Digimon), maybe they'll eventually pick up Sam & Max. If that happens, I could just tape the episodes one by one.

I kinda doubt it

Archived