java sucks!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. java sucks!

• yeah!
    • no - c++ is the ultimative crappy crap
    • no - c# is a nightmare
    • everything sucks!

here you get it - all the frustration, all the complaining:

java sucks. it's lame, stinky and hungry for hardware, hardware and more hardware.

when i start jdeveloper on my machine it allocates around 800 (!) mb of temporary harddisk-space and after closing it, my computer needs around five minutes for starting other files. and my computer should be good enough with it's fantastic 733mhz and it's adequate 384 mb ram.

visual studio .net is sooo much better, but it doesn't work on my computer, because it has a windows nt-allergy or something like that.

so. that was it. i just wanted to get rid of these thoughts and share them with you, dear friends!

:rolleyes:

Any particular type of unix? Also, see if it has nano installed, though if your main gripe with pico is that it's text based then I don't think it'll help. Errr, I just found out that nano is a clone of pico, so forget that. Anyway, what's wrong with it?

Originally posted by Skinkie

I'm in a class for C++ right now. Unfortunatly we have to use Unix and Pico for an editor, it's like a nightmare.

uhhhh...reminds me to our c-units around two years ago. we programmed c in vi (!) using a bunch of special linux-functions for doing a lot of weird stuff. the most annoying part of these linux-lessons were that normaly no one can play worms or some other interesting games on it - so we had to...ahm...use a second windows-computer for some special tasks...

oh...and then in these theory-lessons when he wrote some very strange stuff on the blackboard - wiped them away - wrote something different - wiped that away again - wrote something different...during he was telling us tales about semaphores and lifts...yuk!

I don't know what type of unix, just whatever one is locked away in the university dungeons. As for pico, I just think it's a pain and not very helpful, our teacher has this program on his computer (no idea what its called unfortuneatly) but it looks awesome, its all colorful, and actually tells you what your errors are instead of huge phrases that come down to 'hey you forgot a ;"

today was big programming-tombola for our final examinations in may!

a was for .net

b was for java

everybody had to drag a ticket with an A or a B on it (of course nobody knew before dragging anything about the letter on the ticket...bastards!). i had a fantastic 50 %-chance avoiding java...and...hmmm...guess what i got... :rolleyes::D

uhm...did i ever mention how awesome java is?

i like these blandish-stuff for not getting frustrated

Originally posted by Ryam BaCo

[...] we programmed c in vi (!) using a bunch of special linux-functions for doing a lot of weird stuff.[...]

HEY!

don't say anything against vi! i use vim (Vi IMproved) for all of my programming projects (mainly in c and c++).

or do really want to use emacs (eight megabytes and continously swapping)?

er... to the topic:

yeah, java sucks... python too, c# three...

(imho)

(what's the deal with programming languages anyway? real men use a hexeditor und write binary code ...)

mmh... if you want some "real" languages, you could try "brain****" (this'll get *ed out... its brain + the-f-word...) or "ETA"... or "The shakespear programming language"... *gg*

I've changed my mind about python now, and I'm using xemacs with a python mode to write the code. I haven't learnt all the shortcuts yet though. I changed my mind on ruby too. Anyway, I wrote about it on my site. You should all go and look ;)

Archived