Home

Convince me to get an Xbox

StormHammer

Originally posted by Tie 23

Game Cube:

+ Very cheap, some Cube only games rock, small, four player

= ummm

- crappy controller, kiddy games, no multiplayer, no DVD, very few games, and none to look for ward to

there are 403 games for NGC released and in production at the moment

The controller is awesome, i like it a lot more than the PS2 or xbox one

I dont need MP since I woudlnt use it :p

no dvd= come on, who hasnt got a dvd player

no games to look forward too? pandora tomorrow (yes yes xbox already i know) WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ (warioware was in gamespys top games of 2003 and just released chronicles

Originally posted by StormHammer

Thanks for all the responses, people. ;)

I'm teetering on the edge of getting an Xbox after holding out for so long. :D Just one more little shove... And thanks for clarifying that the Xbox 2 won't be backwards compatible, Rhett.

Other games I'd be considering would be:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

LOTR: The Two Towers

007: Everything or Nothing

I'm not really into sports games at all. I guess I'm looking more at 3rd person action/adventure, and RPG type games.

Fable looks interesting, from what I've recently read and seen. Of course, Bioware's Jade Empire will be Xbox exclusive, and is definitely looking tempting...

Darnit...I'm nearly talking myself into this...

I'd only get an X Box for one reason: Shenmue II - the greatest game ever made. Anyone who's played it will rank it right at the top of their lists.

Shenmue and Shenmue II originally came out for Dreamcast, and it's very difficult to classify into what genre they fall. But, they certainly come under this banner: "3rd person action/adventure, and RPG type games." They brought Shenmue II out on the X Box to try and revitalise interest in the series after the Dreamcast died. Unfortunately, you can't get the first game for X Box, however there is a DVD movie that recaps the events of the first game. But, if you really want the full experience, buy a cheap Dreamcast on Ebay and play the first one ;) The greatest gaming decision you'll ever make. I can't recommend it highly enough. So, if you get an X Box, buy Shenmue II :p

Originally posted by The_One

......I'd only get an X Box for one reason: Shenmue II...... the greatest game ever made.........

surely it cant be *that* good..... the greatest game ever made is called "spin the bottle, or strip poker" (when played with supermodels) ..... nah j/k.... at this stage I'd really have to say Final Fantasy IX and NWN are the greatest games ever, but Im likely to change my mind, eventually.... :p

I would like to give shenmue a go - is it XB only ??

mtfbwya

Two words.

Ninja Gaiden.

'Nuff said. You want an Xbox for this game. This game rules like you can't even believe.

Prince of Persia is also absolutely beautiful and worthwhile. Morrowind is way better on the Xbox IMO.

Then of course we get Jade Empire and Fable.

The harddrive is also a huge advantage over the other consoles. I've never enjoyed memory cards, and having to choose which save games to keep so I can save another game just makes me sad. You also can burn music onto it and use them as custom soundtracks to certain games, which is actually a lot cooler than it sounds.

All in all, Xbox owns your face, and you know you want one.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Rob, it would be fun to play games with/against your kids or your mates on. What other reason do you need? ;)

Well seeing you have kiddies Stormie, you have to have some type of console ..... I think its a done deal... Off you go now, go fill Gatesy's pockets just that little bit more :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Ummm...Am I the only one that thinks that if you're asking to be told to get one, your mind's already made up to get one?! Be a man. Make a big boy call all on your own, without a total strangers input. :D

What what what?

*draws a flashy rapier and waves it around a bit*

Have at you, sir! Have at you, I say! :D

I just value other people's opinions. ;) If everyone had turned around and said it was not worth it, then I'd probably not get one.

As for kiddies...yep, I've got two of those. ;) They already have a PS2 - and my eldest has even managed to twist me around his little finger on occasion to play some racing game or other. :p Through an error on my part I ordered a copy of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (I misread the age limit - I thought it said 5+ instead of 15+ - I know, I need to get these ageing eyes tested), and I've played some of that and it seems okay (apart from annoying jump puzzles, grrr...)

As for KOTOR...I already have that on PC. ;)

Thanks for all the other responses (and game suggestions), people. I'm almost convinced it might be a good idea to get an Xbox now.

*goes off to count pennies in bank account*

Originally posted by ZBomber

Like Bongo, I'm fine with my Cube now....

I think the cube LOOKS the coolest, but XBox IS the coolest.

GC is small and collorful. PS2 doesn't look right sitting side ways or flat. Xbox is dark and stuff

gamecube2.jpg

B00005AFU4.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

xbox.jpg

And I found a good article (Though kind of old) about which one to buy, just remember this was writen over 2 years ago, when PS2 graphics were still considered very good.... but not anymore, here is a quote from it:

Originally writen on http://www.Gamefirst.com

"99% of everything is crap." That’s just as true with videogames. PlayStation 2 has the highest install base in the world. So if you’re a publisher or developer trying to figure out a way to publish a game with as little cost to you and as much potential profit as possible, you’re going to publish that game on the PS2. It’s simple economics, but it doesn’t mean that all of those titles you see listed are even worth thinking about playing. And when you get down to the nitty gritty of really good titles worth playing the field looks much more even. This year there will be about the same number of worthwhile titles released on Xbox and PS2!!!

Article

TiE

Originally posted by teknoranger

You'll need a job and a credit card......

I have both...but what I don't have at the moment is a great deal of flexible income. :p Household purchases have to come first, unfortunately. :D

Ideally, I would replace my desktop PC with a new one, get a notebook in addition, and buy an Xbox. At the moment, I am juggling whether or not I should get an Xbox or a notebook PC, because although there are some great looking Xbox only games out there (and due for release soon), I would obviously get that additional functionality out of a portable PC - and adding a PC gamepad is pretty simple for some existing titles...

Hmmm...decisions, decisions... :confused:

Archived