Home

more new sam & max screenshots

samandmaxfiend

Hello, i'm a spanish fan. I read mojo everyday. I still can't believe that LucasArts have cancelled Sam & Max 2 :mad: ... Are LucasArts crazy? Probably. I know that a lot of fans on everywhere are waiting for the game. I go to the spanish forums everyday and I see that all people was waiting this game. This is the worse decision that LucasArts have made it ever. This Screenshots are very, very beautiful (the screenshot of Sam & Max dancing are hilarius and REALLY VERY GOOD). :( I hope that LucasArts think this situacion well...

Note: Sorry, my english is not perfect :(

Best regards for you, people and for mojo.

:eek:

Hold me.

The question is: Who keeps releasing those pictures to the public... Think about it. This could be a good sign.

Lucasarts probably will change their minds as soon as guybrush guy sends in the 20,000 signature petition and they get all the pre-order information from eBGames.

The chances are that they already know about the petition - it's not like they don't keep an eye on the community. What'd really do it would be to print all of the pages off and then mail them in.

Just don't send me the printing/labour bill.

The chances are that they already know about the petition - it's not like they don't keep an eye on the community. What'd really do it would be to print all of the pages off and then mail them in.

I thought I said that guybrush guy would print it out and send it off. But I'll say it again. guybrush guy said he'd print the 20,000 signature petition and send it to Lucasarts.

Just don't send me the printing/labour bill.

guybrush guy says it's around $80-$100.

Those screenshots are awesome. We're finally seeing spots besides the ones seen in the first game (i.e. Sam and Max's office and the street outside). We finally see Flint Paper in 3D, and what looks like the St. Livina's Day Dance and some sort of library. The fact that the date is moved from spring to fall could mean something...(crosses fingers)

Upon re-reading that press release it doesn't say it was cancelled, says they simply stopped production on it. COULD be interpreted as cancelled, but what if they're simply taking the team and giving them a break so as to not work em' into the ground, and then they'll let them finish it for fall...

Also, why is Max holding a WWII German pistol in his hand in one of those screenies?

But if it were a misunderstanding, don't you think LucasArts would at least bother to try and clear it up before letting us build our voodoo dolls of them and plot their untimely demises, etc.?

Or perhaps not. Perhaps they're really that stupid after all. Who knows.

As for the new screenshots...I think I'll go weep openly. Again.

Originally posted by Nakatomi2010

Upon re-reading that press release it doesn't say it was cancelled, says they simply stopped production on it. COULD be interpreted as cancelled, but what if they're simply taking the team and giving them a break so as to not work em' into the ground, and then they'll let them finish it for fall...

Did you actually read the whole thing? It says they believe there's no market for adventure games on the PC right now. While they didn't use the word 'cancelled' that's what they're saying.

¬ ¬

This is silly :(

The game is actually cancelled. It would totally rule if they were lying, but that's not the kind of thing a company the size of LucasArts would do. Besides, today's LucasArts hasn't got the sense of humor or even angry, bitter wit to do something like that.

The reason all these screenshots "keep being given out" or whatever is because all of the "April" and "May" issues of magazines are actually written, laid out, and sent to the printer in February and March, long before the cancellation press release went out.

That's why print magazi nes are more or less worthless when it comes to getting up to date gaming news, unless the magazines make a deal with a publisher to break a game's announcement or first screenshots or something as an exclusive, like what happened with the new Leisure Suit Larry.

Yar, why couldn't it be an April fool's joke? It's so close to April... and maybe the amazing 'stupidity' they're displaying is just a prank... after all, who could be THAT stupid (as everyone says)? And who said Lucasarts doesn't have a sense of humor? I doubt we would have made that assumption before they 'cancelled' Sam and Max 2.

That's just my theory... and I stand by it.

I'm believing that Lucasarts will reconsider, tell us that they changed their minds, and put the game up for a fall release. After all, it's kind of hard to ignore a 22,000 signature petition and thousands of dollars that have gone into pre-ordering a cancelled game, all from people who are 100% aware of the cancellation.

guybrush guy, please! Did you send in the petition?

Stemmle (the project leader) is a bit of a joker, and the fact that he hasn't said anything is a bit mysterious. But I doubt it's a joke, or they would've said something by now.

but maybe Lucasarts is overwhelmed by the public's response, and doesn't want to admit they made a mistake

Very possible. The sane thing to do would be to un-cancel it, which they will, I know.

Archived