Home

6 pg ign rebel troops article

eastcoast2895

goody goody, thanks. Headin over there now. weee!!! just a note also, it says the rebel sodier rifle can be fired on automatic. this is dissapointing and a little inaccurate. never in the SW movies were weapons carried by grunts automatic, not even imperials. only fixed heavy weapons and vehicles had them.

anyway, they look kick ass, rebel soldier and sniper look very cool.

Originally posted by Craftsman

Very Nice!

Put just a point the note the graphics at the moment are shocking and all the units seem to have very similar equipment. I hope this is not true.

well for artistic reason they played around with the colours, but the wookie doesnt look good (head too big)

and like most games units do have almost the same equipment, but the medic thng for the smugler, can he heal the other units? or just himself once..

Those screen shots are terrible! The graphics are awful! I hope that's just because this is a preview of the X-box version, and that the PC version will look better. Or at least decent. Those graphics would have looked dated in 1990.

Cool. Pics sucks though, especially the Wookiee one.

BlasTech DH-17 Blaster Rifle: The Rebel soldier's main combat weapon has a fully automatic mode, with the ability to switch to a unique charged-shot mode.

What the hell? DH-17 automatic? Gee, I wonder why the Rebels on Tantive IV didn't think about that.

The game's still fairly early on in development, plus it's the X-box version. The graphics look better in nearly every other screenshot outside of that article, so I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point.

A lot of the weapons may seem the same on the different units, but the real differences lie with there abilities, which the article didn't really cover, especiallt with LA wanting to keep some things under wraps for now.

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

they probably didn't think about getting boarded and in the cramped halls it would be a pain to carry a rifle, so they stuck w/the blasters. anyway, good article, the bothan is the only decent pic, the other one's look like s***.

They used DH-17 Blasters, and they were not automatic. In the article, it says the DH-17 will have an automatic mode, which is never seen in the movies.

except for the superbattle droids, and destroyer droids i dont think any faction has a automatic weapon that can be carried by troops (according to the movies). thus the developers have to balance everything out so they added an automatic weapon to at least the rebels (and probably all the other factions) to make things equal. plus the rebels will go up against the imperials who have more powerful blasters so the rebels rely on weaker blasters with a higher rate of fire.

on a side note, the movies really didn't show that many rebel soldiers w/ these guns while they were in battle. sure on hoth and endor the reblels carried them, but they never showed too many of the soldiers using them. so technically they could have had an auto fire switch. (kinda like the modern day m-16).

Originally posted by YourBestFriend

Mark my words everyone, there will be no space battle in the original release, but they will make an expansion set that will be focused mainly on space battles! I am sure some 3rd party people will try to make some space maps as well...

I'm guessing you meant to post this in the space battles thread (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125333), since what you just posted has nothing to do with this thread.

Originally posted by Taran'atar

Those screen shots are terrible! The graphics are awful! I hope that's just because this is a preview of the X-box version, and that the PC version will look better. Or at least decent. Those graphics would have looked dated in 1990.

They've got almost another year to make the graphics better from the ones in 1990!!

And about the melee, in Halo you can hit people with your waepon, so there's still hope...

Archived