Home

WIP: Mario

IG-64

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Autobot Traitor

Are you planning on making it compatible with JA1.8? That would scale it out nicely.

Hope you do a Toad some day too

:D

I have a toad modeled, but it would be kinda hard putting it to JA skeleton... saying toad has no legs...

Speaking of scaling, mario is really big now and must be able to be scaled, how would I do this?

IT'S-A-HIM! MARIO!:D

Looks nice. The only problem I see are the slightly long legs. (though it sounds like you can't do much about that) The neck seems a tad too long, but it's not a big deal for me. The model in its present state would be great for Luigi, if you ever decide to make him. ;)

It looks great. Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

IT'S-A-HIM! MARIO!:D

Looks nice. The only problem I see are the slightly long legs. (though it sounds like you can't do much about that) The neck seems a tad too long, but it's not a big deal for me. The model in its present state would be great for Luigi, if you ever decide to make him. ;)

It looks great. Keep up the good work!

Sadly, the legs have to be even LONGER and the head has to be smaller, the nack is shorter on this one. But it's still looking really good, and, yes, i'm going to do Luigi after i'm done with MArio. Luigi is not going to be exactly like mario, his head is going to be diffrent, mostly changes in the hair.

Well, no time now, must get back to work!

A few comments:

You didn't really have to make two models per plumber you know. You could have just picked Cape Mario/Luigi, and use skin files to turn off the cape for the normal skin (Surfs don't work right in JA).

The sounds are disgustingly awesome.

One thing REALLY bothers me though.. There is a seam between where the hats meet the heads under certain lighting. It's not very noticable in most of the skins, but it is VERY noticable in both red team skins on both models, and on Luigi's default skins, only a bit less so. Otherwise, an excellent first model!

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

A few comments:

You didn't really have to make two models per plumber you know. You could have just picked Cape Mario/Luigi, and use skin files to turn off the cape for the normal skin (Surfs don't work right in JA).

The sounds are disgustingly awesome.

One thing REALLY bothers me though.. There is a seam between where the hats meet the heads under certain lighting. It's not very noticable in most of the skins, but it is VERY noticable in both red team skins on both models, and on Luigi's default skins, only a bit less so. Otherwise, an excellent first model!

But does anyone really care ;)

J/k, if you didn't read zappa's post it's up on LFiles today, so go d/l it! :D

Oh, and thx for the comments guys!

Oh, and stick man was my first model.

Originally posted by IG-64

But does anyone really care ;)

J/k, if you didn't read zappa's post it's up on LFiles today, so go d/l it! :D

Oh, and thx for the comments guys!

Oh, and stick man was my first model.

That post was done after using it all day. The seam is on the back of their heads. But yeah, great model anyway!

Originally posted by Zappa_0

Hey IG, I just played with your Mario models, they are awesome! Great job and keep up the great work! Oh one more thing, you need to make a King Cupa. I think I spelt his name wrong but I hope you know who I mean :D.

Heh, you mean Bowser, he's named King Koopa in other countries (like Japan, I believe)

I think i'm gonna wait on that one, seems a little... hard :D

But I might try anyways, i'll run a few tests with the bones and stuff.

Archived