Home

Sam and Max vote on IGN

It was under 18% when I voted. Good to see it make some headway.

I can understand the sentiment for Baldur's Gate 3, but IMO the series wrapped itself up completely and finally at the end of Throne of Bhaal, and there's no reason to continue the story. Another game with similar design and equally epic storyline on a revamped engine would be nice, but not a direct sequel.

What baffles me is the support for Duke Nukem Forever. I thought that most people stopped caring about that YEARS ago.

What baffles me is the support for Duke Nukem Forever. I thought that most people stopped caring about that YEARS ago.

I stopped caring for Duke when it went 3D in mid-90s. The sidescrollers were awesome, the 3Ds are horrid.

GO VOTE SAM AND MAX 2!

That's funny, cuz Duke Nukem Forever ISNT MIA! THEY JUST SAID THAT THEY'RE STILL WORKING ON IT!!! IGN IS THE WORST GAME SITE EVER THEY KNOW NOTHING!!!

and how the hell did they plan on doing a baldurs gate 3? the story ended at throne of bhaal

and sam and max is now in third place!!

Originally posted by toenail1

and how the hell did they plan on doing a baldurs gate 3? the story ended at throne of bhaal

From the article, it looks like it was going to be totally unrelated to the previous games, which makes me wonder why they would call it Baldur's Gate, except to ride upon the success of the first games. Fie on that. Let it stand on its own merits!

It is now at 26.1%, 4% higher than Duke Nukem. Wow, how the hell did that happen? This is awesome, I hope Lucas Arts removes their heads out of there asses cuz they're turning purple from lack of air right now. This is just a daily poll right? it went from being 5th to BUSTING into 1st. Bravo everyone, bravo.

Originally posted by Steve McGoiter

It is now at 26.1%, 4% higher than Duke Nukem. Wow, how the hell did that happen? This is awesome, I hope Lucas Arts removes their heads out of there asses cuz they're turning purple from lack of air right now. This is just a daily poll right? it went from being 5th to BUSTING into 1st. Bravo everyone, bravo.

Well, I posted about the poll on a fark.com discussion. Someone also might have votespammed.

Well how about that....! 28.4% last time I checked. I gotta tell you all how pleased I am at this level of response. But we can't stop here - THESE are the things that lucasarts'll sit up an' take notice of; official polls of people LIKE IGN etc. They probably won't uncancel S&M2, but if we can double the figures of it's closest rival before the poll ends (DN:Forever?! I thought they stopped production on that after the cold war ended....), then they won't be able to kid themselves of the fact that they've made an almost impressively massive mistake any longer.

Oh an' er PS: to whoever said the following:

"Someone also might have votespammed."

Well hopefully nobody has, but even if cheating is afoot then who cares! really! Let's not forget that the only reason we're doing this is because those suits at LA Cheated US out of a tremendous game in the first place(!!)

Good luck all, an' keep voting!

PPS: Apologies for using the word "afoot". Let's hope I never have to again....

Could someone enlighten me as to where exactly the poll is?

The link leads to the ign main page where the article about games MIA is linked, but I can't find the poll.

Am I blind or is it over already.

Originally posted by Cerno

Could someone enlighten me as to where exactly the poll is?

The link leads to the ign main page where the article about games MIA is linked, but I can't find the poll.

Am I blind or is it over already.

It's on the main page at http://pc.ign.com/ -- at the bottom, to the right. It's still up there, with Freelance Polce at 33.3%.

I've taken a screenshot. I'll be printing it out and mailing it to LA along with a few magazine scans.

Thanks, indeed I was blind.

S&M 2 at 34.2%

I think everybody should write a letter or an email to LA right now, informing them on the poll. This will show them we still care even weeks after the press release.

I'm writing an email at the moment.

Still at 35.6 at this moment. I'm taking regular snapshots, until the poll disappears or until I'm ready to compose my mail (postal, not email). I will be including a screenshot of the poll, as well as the IGN MIA article on Sam & Max and a number of other web articles and links.

I'm looking to see if LucasArts has shareholders. If so, I'd like to send stuff to them.

Originally posted by Dimensio

I'm looking to see if LucasArts has shareholders. If so, I'd like to send stuff to them.

Beat ya too it... I can't seem to find them though. Keep looking.

If we get to 40% we will have proven that there is a huge Sam and Max community. If we get to 50%, we will have proven that they have made a financial mistake by NOT releasing S&MFP.

The numbers have really gone up on this one. (I voted when it was a mere 18% for S&M) I hope they reflect real sentiment and not the work of a lone script kiddie spoofing IP addresses to vote multiple times. I wish they'd show the number of votes as well. Anything to give us hope helps.

Archived