Home

Sam and Max vote on IGN

37.5% now.

Realistically this poll will not chance anything. The video game industry isn’t like a clan or something, LucasArts is a business, and they have made a business decision. Yes it was based on poor research that only analyzed market sales rather than actual consumer support, but it doesn’t matter how ignorant the board of directors and the financial department of LucasArts were, with regards to the justification of the cancellation of the product, the fact of matter is that they have made a business decision. This was a bad business decision which is proving to tarnish their public relations with the community and their credibility as video game publisher. In fact considering their apathetic policy towards thousands of people displaying their outrage towards this decision through petitions, letters and phone calls, even a web site; by stating that there is not a market for their product is deplorable and clearly displays LucasArts as an incompetent organization.

Anyway I’m getting off track… My point is LucasArts has made a formal business decision, this means the lives of their employees are affected by this. This is not something where they can simply admit that they made have one of single biggest mistakes in the history of the company, and possibly the entire gaming industry, and just keep on making the game. No, if they did that the iron fist of suits of the company would be watered down, their authority would seem frail. So is it just a ego thing? Partly, but like I said lives are affected by this. There are contracts and other legal crap that comes with this sort of thing. To get this game going again would be embarrassing for the company and would require a lot of paper work.

IMO our only hope at this stage is that another publisher sees that LucasArts has thrown away a golden opportunity, and picks up Sam & Max. The likelyhood of that happening is slim...very slim... but I think it is possible… So keep voting, maybe, just maybe someone with authority will wake up…. I doubt it though. :(

Well I guess this is as good as it gets folks. Whoever said that this poll isn't really going to change anything is probably right. These big corps, stubborn as they are, aren't going to change their minds over something as trivial as obvious mass support (!) - Even if they do (finally) realise what a mistake they've made. It doesn't look likely that any of the poll's rivals'll catch up to sam an' max now, which means that it doesn't matter if we get just 1 more vote or a million more; we prove either way that sam and max does indeed have the following it so rightly deserves. On a deeply hateful and unsavoury note though, isn't it annoying how "Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude" - which gets called an adventure game (Hey - just like Freelance police would've been!) - gets to be made into a brand new game. And i'll bet it sells. And Then lucasarts'll have to come up with a better excuse than "because it wouldn't've sold...".

The madness....I may weep openly if I wasn't busy twitching my right eye.

At any rate, tremendous thanks to all who voted correctly. Even if it doesn't make a difference, at least we'll all know that FOR THE RECORD, the people wanted Freelance Police more than anything else that got canned this year.

Whoa, you sure put an optimistic spin of this situation.

I agree with you. Even though the likelihood of this poll changing anything is extremely low, we have proven LucasArts wrong…dead wrong. We have shown them that there is a market and that this game would have sold, and sold very well for that matter. So even though we must live with the reality that LucasArts has killed Sam and Max and the once risk takers of the industry have now been reduced to making dozens of Star Wars prequels, we can still get the stratification in knowing that LucasArts has egg all over their face thanks to us and our protests!

I want to weep this is so depressing. :(

You're right. This poll probably won't be noticed by Mike Nelson or anybody else there at LoonyArts. But we, the fans, can now laugh at them, because now we have more than enough concrete proof that "Sam and Max Freelance Police" could rake them in more money than any Star Wars game they can barf up.

The chances of the game coming back are still there, no matter how slim it seems, but we've done all we can do by sending petitions and pre-orders. We just have to wait for Lucasarts to make their decision. I don't care what it looks like right now. Lucasarts could turn everything around in a heartbeat, just like that.

Do you think there's a chance that an other publisher buy the rights and release it?

I'm getting crazy by the mind that the S&M history should end couse of such a ****ing(sry*g*) decision. :(

What do you think about my site?

www.samandmax-freelancepolice-hatelucasarts.gnx.at

Do you think i should translate it in english?

and by the way i asked PC GamePro if they could give me the original screens they used in the S&M Freelance Police Preview.

At the moment i only have these lowres scans in my screnshotsection :(

It's actually coming out next year!

THATS HILARIOUS!!!!Cuz the release date is TBA so do some research before you say a fake release date. And also look at how many times they've promised next year.

But you do ahve the fact that it is still in production right...

Archived