Home

Angry over LucasArts? Want to make them answer thei foulness? Read This!

guybrushthedwar

This comes from the conference program at E3 2004

W7 - Creating a Global Strategy Tuesday, May 11, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM

Room 404AB

The good news is that the game industry is on the verge of turning in another record breaking performance in the area of revenues. Even conservative estimates see the industry generating $30 billion worldwide in revenue for calendar year 2004. How will you participate in the industry’s global growth? How can your product (game or peripheral) generate consumer interest in multiple markets? How do you know which markets will have an affinity for your product? What level of localization, if any, is required? This session will alert you the most practical and constructive ways of exploiting the global game marketplace. Hear from both big and small players who are mapping their strategies to tap the global appetite for interactive gaming today.

Panelists: Mary Bihr, Vice President, Global Publishing - LucasArts Entertainment

Now what would be great is that Mojo Staff attends to this conference and ask the precise, good question about Sam and Max event. This could be the day to reveal to the world the stupidity to so called leadrs of lucasarts

PS : the new sam & max screenshots.

I think if Mojo asks any questions about Sam & Max at E3, it will be in scheduled interviews, not by pissing on some random panel lectue. But assuming there are no real answers by E3, we will be asking people about it, don't worry.

Originally posted by Jake

I think if Mojo asks any questions about Sam & Max at E3, it will be in scheduled interviews, not by pissing on some random panel lectue. But assuming there are no real answers by E3, we will be asking people about it, don't worry.

I didn't mean pissing someone... but as the conference and panel is about global strategy of publishing - which implies the choice of market you're going to sell into - and as I though there would be a questionning part in the conference, i wondered if you could ask something like : " Classic adventure games like Runaway, The Westerner and Syberia and more innovative titles like Broken Sword 3 are selling well, what kind of information lead you to draw back from the adventure game market? " You know something respectful but straight.

Cool.

Three questions I'd like answered (with, hopefully, the least amount of PR spin possible):

"Does LucasArts consider it likely that Adventure Games will become more economically viable in the future?"

and

"Will production on Sam N Max 2 ever continue?"

and

"How do you feel about the strong negative fan reaction of the cancellation of Sam N Max 2? Are you not afraid of losing the 'loyal' fanbase?"

Ooooooh! I'd love to hear the answers!!

Archived