Home

Linux bull****

RenegadeOfPhunk

OK - as you maybe can tell, making JKA linux buillds is REALLY startng to drive me up the wall!

(*dreams about .qvm's*)

Anyway, I'd like to clear up a couple of things I've heard around and try and determine whether they are just myths, or in fact reality.

I have heard that if you use the Intel C++ compiler for Linux (http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/clin/noncom.htm), that you will not need ANY code changes from your win code, AND you can be sure of not having any wierd differences in the builds, like the random push angle thing mentioned on these forums a while back.

....is this in fact true?

Also, has anybody sucsessfully used this compiler on the JKA code? I have somebody with access to a linux box looking into downloading and installing this intel compiler now, but I'm imagining trying to get it set-up to compile the JKA code is gonna be a bit of a nightmare - so if anybody has done this or is in the middle of attempting this - or otherwise think you know what needs to be done to set this up to compile JKA code, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Of course, any help could be rewarded by us making some linux builds for you - if you required it :)

Thx guys,

Renegade

The compiler is now installed on our machine, we just need to know how to set it up to compile JKA code.

...can anybody help? Maybe even perhaps one of the devs can be persuaded to share some info here..?

I'm sure this would be of benefit to all. A lot of us are stuck in linux modding hell atm... :/

Archived