Home

NEW ANIMATIONS IN JKA - HowTo

keshire

Well its about time someone brought this to the fore front.

Luckily with the help of the notables in the community. ASK, Corto, RazorAce, etc. I'm Pretty much done with a JKA animatable Skeleton.

I'll be needing hosting for the xsi. And if You can do player models you can do this, Don't be shy now. :)

The how-to is exactly the same as JK2. Its the skeleton thats different.

Here's my test anim. Sorry I have no-where to host a clip but its a screeny.

20043306896455695965488.jpg

I know its simple but it was just a quick test to make sure it didn't deform. I'll get to the complicated stuff here shortly.

For those that want to grab the files to take a look, Instructions for downloading from the OJP file repository can be found here.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119776

The animation stuff can be found under tools.

Also feel free to browse the many topics on the OJP boards. Public Opinion is always important for the Open Jedi Project.

I assume this means my glamerge DOES work for other skeletons, in particular JKA (i never tested it on others, I just made it to be generic, so I assumed it would have no troubles)

Or are those done using Wudan's tool?

[edit]

I updated the old animation thread to include the JKA info. I hope you don't mind, keshire. If you do, or if you spot any inaccurate info, please let me know

Oh ya, your tool does work. More than likely it'll merge with any skeleton as long as its accurate. One thing I noticed though was that it'll only merge once. After that the _humanoid isn't recognized as a valid animation file by the glamerger. Thats not a real problem though as long ass people don't go deleting their xsi's

After that the _humanoid isn't recognized as a valid animation file by the glamerger.

Shouldn't happen

The check depends on finding the magic word 2LGA as first 4 bytes in the header

can you open the gla file in a hex editor and tell me if the first bytes look like:

2LGA <4 bytes that are version> <path to gla> ...

or even better, if you can cut around 100kb of the file and email me at

ask@darklordsofsith.com

or send on irc.gamesurge.net/#jediknight, my nickname there is ASk

Oh

Well. seeing as glamerge is now regarded by me as a really ugly piece of code, it almost does not have any failsafes and error-checking :/

I think it runs at order of O(n^2) or O(n^3). Ugh :p

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'd like to announce that we've gotten our hands on Raven's source files for all the JKA animations AND the source files for all the standard player models created by Raven. We're currently in the process of sorting thru all the data and getting it organized for release.

So far, we've released 3 packages, which can be found on lucasfiles.com:

Humanoid Animation Source Files

Player Model Source Files

Non-Humanoid Animations and Models Source Files

A big thanks to Keshire for talking Raven out of the files and then spending the time to organizing them.

• 1 month later...

Archived