New JKA Anims

keshire

Ya, ya, "how many projects are you working on Keshire?"

A lot...

20043301061986998214777.jpg

20043301042671171671282.jpg

20043309106891000764375.jpg

20043304631588832201821.jpg

Clint Eastwood style double fisted. All you have to do is add the gun.

This thread is for future ideas. You'll need to check with OJP for the skeleton that will enable all you animators out there to do this.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the one where the character lowers the weapon as its firing? I think thats a code issue. But I'll look into it.

*edit*

TORSO_WEAPONREADY2,//WP_BRYAR_PISTOL,

TORSO_WEAPONREADY3,//WP_BLASTER,

BOTH_ATTACK2,//WP_BRYAR_PISTOL,

BOTH_ATTACK3,//WP_BLASTER,

The anims are fine. Codewise I think they were using it as a test to see if they can make one arm support another. If so. I think they failed. :)

I think you already know that you have to make a working JA XSI skeleton, and that you have to set GLA merge for JA... Since I'm training with Corto's skeleton (yes, I'm "studying" to get a few skills), I'm really curious about this. Since the act of "adding animations" follows the same rules for both MP and SP I think I should look at this thread as much as I can. Keep working:)

It is working. That double fisted anim above is already merged with the main gla. I've already contacted Corto about it to see if he wanted to take a look at it. But he's a busy man. The OJP guys have it, so its just a matter of time before its hosted.

For those that want to grab the files to take a look, Instructions for downloading from the OJP file repository can be found here.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119776

The animation stuff can be found under tools.

Also feel free to browse the many topics on the OJP boards. Public Opinion is always important for the Open Jedi Project.

OK, since Public opinion is important for you I'll tell what I think: I think that if your skeleton really works, There will always be more animators. I'm learning more, and, as you can see from my sig I've been using Cortos' skeleton for training. This means I've been waiting for a Working skeleton. Many projects want to have new animations and you're going to give them a chance. You must hope that the animators will be worth of that skeleton of yours. I'm making a mod, or better I have a project, that for now doesn't seem anything special. I wanted to make new animations for the game and the cutscenes, so I'm one of the modders who needs your skeleton. Since this is a part of the OJP project, if it works, and I'll use it, how should I give you (all the OJP staff who worked on the whole OJP project) credits?

Yes my skeleton really works. :)

2004417599380960620014.jpg

Here's the ledge grab I was working on.

Hopefully Razor or Renegade can do the neccessary code work to get it working correctly in game. But if I need something really different to prove my point I can always make them do the little teapot dance. :)

well, it looks like we are finally going to be getting some even more interesting and game enhancing mods now.

I'm really excited about this. Of course I haven't tried my hand at it yet...

=)

That's a really sweet model you're doing the animations with. =D

hey, isn't that the anim from the intro cut scene to the rancor level? can you make the flip up anime too

?? I must have missed that. It's probably in a different _humanoid.gla...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll flip through the other animation files to see what they've done. Too bad that doesn't help code the thing in since its single player code.

Originally posted by keshire

?? I must have missed that. It's probably in a different _humanoid.gla...

I think I've already told you, and actually it IS in a cutscene GLA, but that's not the point:). Uuh. I have a question: Is there a way to make a skeleton with a model, so that I can se e the effects of the animations "live" in 3dsmax? that would be quite useful.

I noticed a discussion from long ago that Mike Gummelt discussed releasing the animation xsi files for Outcast

So I'm wanting to know if the same can/will be done for Academy.

The reason being is that when doing my animations its becoming an increasing difficulty to duplicate the exact poses of the transitions. If I had the XSI I could seamlessly blend in my animations in a professional manner. otherwise we're looking at jumpy nastyness. Any help would be appreciated.

I've emailed Mike Gummelt, and Jarrod Showers already. Here's hoping they don't ignore me. I don't like being ignored.

Originally posted by N3G1@

Since this is a part of the OJP project, if it works, and I'll use it, how should I give you (all the OJP staff who worked on the whole OJP project) credits?

Give approprate credit, include the OJP_readme.txt, submit anything that you'd think everyone could use, and you're golden.

Right now, I'd suggest you submit any new animations to OJP so we can maintain a repository for everyone to use.

Thanks Razorace. I think I know where to get the readme. Anyways. I'm animating with your skeleton, but since I still can't export with 3dsmax as XSI (somehow the file always got exported damaged...) I'm trying with XSI 3.5. And now I'm doing. I made a Ledge_jump animation, similar to the one Keshire was working on, but more jedish, just like that jump from a ledge that anakin does in the "EP3 Behind the scenes" movie. Anyways, I've tried The skeleton in both 3dsmax 5 and Softimage 3.5, but I've noticed 1 difference: The motion bone and the Pelvis bone can be seen in 3dsmax 5 (I've even made that animation which is really nice), indeed in XSI I can only see:

- Spine root

- motion eff

- motion root

- Pelvis_mesh (not a bone, a mesh)

Since I told you that The motion bone must stay where it is, but the Pelvis can be moved, Which should I move, and which should i "lock"?

Thanks in advance.

Edited - I've noticed even 2 more meshes: "mesh_rtail" and "mesh_ltail". Are they the meshes wher you bolt the weapons models?

Excellent: I can edit this! Anyways If I'll make a new decent animation with XSI I'll give it to you with pleasure. I'd like to do more, but the only problem is that I COULD do more if only I could export from 3dsMax as XSI file. If you want I can Work really well and fast on 3dsmax5, but only in Max format, although I think that in this way this could look quite lame and boring... Anyways, I'll animate in XSI 3.5, until someone else I know maybe will help me. Really thanks again to Corto and Keshire.

Yeah, that's a great question. I'll have to have some time implimenting with some test codes before we can come up with the best solution. The problem we have at the moment is how to get the player entity origin to move in step with the animation so it looks right in game.

We could let the animation just totally handle it and then jump the origin but the problem with that tactic is that we'll lose hit detection while that is occurring and the camera will probably jump a little.

Archived