Home

New JKA Anims

keshire

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, we can probably make the game delay the saber activation for custom draw animations.

However, I'm going to remind everyone that we should really focus on animations that enhance the gameplay instead of pretty stuff like fancy draw animations. After all, all new animations will require a code mod and a 12+ meg download. New draw animations alone aren't going to justify that size of download.

That being said, gameplay alterations are always going to be higher on the list of implimentation for me than pretty stuff.

I got to hand it to you guys at the OJP, you're probably going to be the reason I get back into Jedi Academy.

Seeing the things that are happening here, as well as what has already been accomplished (I started playing around with beta 6 of the enhanced version today, impressive), just FYI me when you have some new builds to play around with.

Anything to tie me over until WoW ;)

Originally posted by razorace

After all, all new animations will require a code mod and a 12+ meg download. New draw animations alone aren't going to justify that size of download.

That being said, gameplay alterations are always going to be higher on the list of implimentation for me than pretty stuff.

I don't see the problem. After all a new normal GLA animation is less than 40 kb, ad mergedwith the JA GLA it adds less than its size (less than 40 kb, in that case), so we could put both fancy animations and new gameplay-altering animations. BTW, I have a "weapon draw" animation complete. That would be cool. I'll put a link of an avi or of a gif soon.

Originally posted by keshire

The problem is that every time we do something its a 10 meg download of the _humanoid.gla. Sooo, we have to make it worth it.

You mean every update you do? Just make many animations, then release a good package...:)

BTW just dloaded the attachments. I'll see them once I'm home.

just make many animations, then release a good package...

Thats the plan. :)

But RazorAce wants to concentrate on gameplay additions. And I'm kinda reliant on him to add these in. As well as there's not many coders in the community right now.

Originally posted by N3G1@

You mean every update you do? Just make many animations, then release a good package...:)

BTW just dloaded the attachments. I'll see them once I'm home.

Well, we're going to have to package the new animation file with every release that depends on those animations.

Originally posted by razorace

Well, we're going to have to package the new animation file with every release that depends on those animations.

OK. Then I guess we'll have to make every version worth of a dowload, as you said. However, How shall I give you the animations I'm doing? A gif can't show fine the animations. BTW. I've ended the Shimmy L-R animation and the Ledge-hold animation. They look very good. And, Keshire: the "OJP_LMercPullUp.XSI" is very cool, but... Looking at it I came up with a problem. How about the pelvis? No laugh please... I mean: will I move it or I'll leave the skeleton in the same position (as in the OJP_LMercPullUp.XSI)? Tell me and I'll do :)

Originally posted by N3G1@

OK. Then I guess we'll have to make every version worth of a dowload, as you said. However, How shall I give you the animations I'm doing? A gif can't show fine the animations. BTW. I've ended the Shimmy L-R animation and the Ledge-hold animation. They look very good. And, Keshire: the "OJP_LMercPullUp.XSI" is very cool, but... Looking at it I came up with a problem. How about the pelvis? No laugh please... I mean: will I move it or I'll leave the skeleton in the same position (as in the OJP_LMercPullUp.XSI)? Tell me and I'll do :)

For WIPs just email me the compiled .gla of just the added animation. I'll merge it myself. When we're sure that the animation is good, we'll need the source .xsi for the repository.

Umm sorry...quick noob question (i havnt been on the JA scene for awhile) from the looks of it....animation for chars is slowly coming along...is there a site or two of a mod where they are working on custom saber styles etc that you guys can direct me towards? Or just give me the names of a few of the mods?

I sure as hell am going to have a go at new sabre styles.

I don't think any of the current modding teams have the will or manpower to pull it off.

This is a list of what I did for my mod before starting working for the OJP:

- stand new

- stand new idle

- briar stand new set (stand, fire, and idle)

- generic weaponry stand new set (stand, fire, idle and draw)

- Saber staff stance new

- Dual saber stance new

- saber fast style stance new

- saber fast KATA attack

- Saber strong style stance new

But Now I'm doing my best for the OJP and this is taking me all my time...

Archived