Home

New JKA Anims

keshire

Two questions:

1) What programs do you use to put in new animations?

2) How hard is it to learn how to create new stuff like that?

Other than that it looks like some awesome stuff. I'd love to be able to alter and modify the current saber styles. I really think they need some work to make it look more like real fighting and less like saber twirling. But that's just me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For animating you need at least 3dsmax R4 (R5 or R6 are a bit better and work fine too, I think...), or the more expensive Softimage XSI 3.0. Then you need the JK2 SDK (for the XSI importer-exporter plugin for 3dsmax) and the JA SDK (for carcass compiler). And at last you need both GLAmerge and Keshire's OJP skeleton to use in 3dsmax. I've never used tutorials. Just the user reference in 3dsmax. There are few things to learn. All you need is just time...

obi_wan.gif

darth_maul.gif

Finalized....

This is for a Scripted saber lock.

Instead of a saber lock occuring This will randomly replace it. Obviously this won't be the only one that would be silly. I'll be working on these and a few other combat additions for awhile.

I will be doing these.

Adding in melee and grab attacks into the saber attack chains/combo's

And adding counter attacks after parries and blocks.

Any suggestions for the mentioned additions?

This should significantly round out combat. I hope to work on gun combat too eventually.

Cool, COOL! KEWL! But one thing: I've replaced ages ago one of the original saber locks, with an animation, and you must watch out, because for every shot stoormtroopers will shoot, the animation will start playing, so if the stormtrooper has an imperial repeater, the animation will be always starting (making the player looking like he's trembling), and only once the stormtrooper stops firing the animation will fully play. It's the same for Saber fights, so I think you should modify some small things in the code first...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but thats a lot of work to add in a new style.

You'd need to animate moves in eight directions. as well as transitions between them and the chained attacks, and then there's blocks, and parries, and knockaways.

Basically you'd need a strong team to do something like that in a decent amount of time.

In the mean time I'll stick to simple things.

These look really good. Are you working on these animations as part of a specific mod/TC? Or will these animations be released as some kind of anim mod by themselves? Also will these replace some of the current animations or coexist aside them as some kind of special moves?

Great work keshire.

Originally posted by keshire

Basically you'd need a strong team to do something like that in a decent amount of time.

Basically, we'd need about one more coder and three more Keshires.

These look really good. Are you working on these animations as part of a specific mod/TC? Or will these animations be released as some kind of anim mod by themselves? Also will these replace some of the current animations or coexist aside them as some kind of special moves?

Yeah, we're debating how we should handle that. The problem is that with truely new animations you gotta do some code additions to be able to support them.

Plus, the download will be a big one, so we gotta do stuff that will make the download worth it. :)

Originally posted by keshire

Yes my skeleton really works. :)

2004417599380960620014.jpg

Here's the ledge grab I was working on.

Hopefully Razor or Renegade can do the neccessary code work to get it working correctly in game. But if I need something really different to prove my point I can always make them do the little teapot dance. :)

Darth Malak is French?!?!

:fett:

Archived