Home

Important Issue with OJP/AotC Partnership

razorace

So this is how you define working together? We broke off the partnership like over a week ago and I don't think I've even spoken with you since then.

We are kind of - sort of cooperating with the AotC TC coders but the contact is minimal and nothing has really been done in terms of cooperation. We've talked a bit, and I think Unique is suppose to merging some of the code but I haven't heard of any progress yet.

EDIT: That's not meant as a bite at the coders. We've all been busy. I'm in crunch time for my consulting job, Unique's been traveling, Chosen One is getting married, and Phunk's probably still messing with the Movie Battles 2 demo. I think the only person on task around here is Keshire. And he's kicking some animation butt, but he's going to be gone til monday.

Phunk's probably still messing with the Movie Battles 2 demo

Well, technically I'm still tied up with that, but it's only really to do with getting linux builds running my end now - everything else is done. (I can't keep bugging Chosen One every time I make the tinniest change in my code base ;) )

It's still gonna take me a bitmore time to get this all sorted - I'm still a linux n00b - but I'm getting there. I hope to be making linux builds this weekend.

The work I'm doing now could be for OJP's benefit too -since I could make OJP linux builds.

...although I guess Chosen One could get access to the repository so that he can compile the builds directly too...

If they won't budge on this name change issue, it's their problem (and their loss) as I see it.

Seems like a petty thing to reject a cooperative effort over.

But again, it's their ultimatum, so it looks like there's some ego problem involved. Too bad.

I hope you can work something out!

No, they're past the name issue, now we're on to the different rates of progress issue ...

Well, as long as the coders are willing to share work, don't worry about Anakin too much. As long as it helps out AOTCTC, he won't raise a stink about it.

Of course, that's a definite part of the current deal with the coders.

Anyway, it's not really so much of a partnership as it's them just submitting their good stuff to the project when it's "ready". In terms of cooperation, we haven't done anything.

I don't even think they're going to be using the OJP code. We will see.

Archived