Home

New anim Show Case

keshire

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can find a coder who wants to work on initializing weapons that animate, then I'll finish this up. As it is its just brainstorming.

More than likely this would require a whole re-write of the animation function to incorporate this.

As it is the only animations that are initlialized are player, npc, and vehicle.

Hi Keshire!

Just noticed this thread - been busy elsewhere!

If you can get me some decent references, I can easily make a clone wars rocket launcher (Hate that one in JKA) - esp since I'm doing toon durge and assaj ventress at the mo.

Any progress with the speederbike anims?

The dual blasters is probably most practical new anim I noticed in your screenshots (though thats just for JKA).

What I'd like is a way to block lightning with saber (like obi wan vs dooku) but thats not an anim thing, so no worries there.

I was thinking, how about a one armed handstand like luke on Dagobah?

;) Just kidding!

Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei

What!?! But, how is Antizac gonna make a BDSM Leela? :D

NEVAR!!!!!

Not for your amusment, anyway. ;)

Actually I was thinking about having a part in The Rising Empire, where the main character is wandering the Motel, opens a random door, and he walks in on a Female Rodian (or something) whipping a Gran.

...Since he's supposed to be on a trashy side of Coruscant. Ok, whatever. Just one of the random acts of weirdness, I was thinking of using...

Anyhoo - sure would be nice to add animations in JA, like you can with Unreal...

Originally posted by Antizac

Not for your amusment, anyway. ;)

Actually I was thinking about having a part in The Rising Empire, where the main character is wandering the Motel, opens a random door, and he walks in on a Female Rodian (or something) whipping a Gran.

But I'd treat her well, promise. :D Anyway, I wonder what a dominatrix Rodian would look like in a leather mask? :confused:

Seeing how you don't take requests, I suppose an Agent Scully in leather chaps and cat-o-nine tails is out of the question? ;)

Keshire,

Is it possible, using this, to make animations that could be used in cutscenes for SP maps, but not added as new moves or features?

I've heard that several animations that were used in game can't be accessed via scripts, and this would allow people to make animations like those, but fit them to their needs. Plus it'd be nice for SP mappers to have the freedom of new anims.

Anyways, just curious if it's possible or restricted to multiplayer. :)

Oh I know. I'm just saying that once you get into doing somehting that involves lots of action you'd better be a damn good animator ot its going to look like total crap.

With the skeleton i set up there is no IK its only FK. So your work is cut out for you. And your going to have to keyframe the entire thing. Which sucks; big time.

I recall this being asked last month somewhere and the answer is, no. :( As cool as it would be to have moving parts (ie. Predator's retractable weapons), the closest you'll get is if it's an animated texture much like an animated GIF, but nothing that'll alter the model.

Archived