Home

New anim Show Case

keshire

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the one that's coding in the ledge grab and the majority of the new animations that Keshire has been whipping up.

I don't know about the current status of the dual gun weild code, I think Phunk might be the one implimenting that stuff.

Originally posted by monsoontide If you can get me some decent references, I can easily make a clone wars rocket launcher (Hate that one in JKA) - esp since I'm doing toon durge and assaj ventress at the mo.

That's a great idea. I'll program it in if you model/skin it and Keshire animates it.

Any progress with the speederbike anims?

Not that I know of.

RenegadeOfPhunk wanted me to do some very quick scripted sequences. I beleive he plans on randomly replacing the saber locks with these scripted locks. To add a more movie feel to them. I have both sides and once I tweak the hands they WILL match up exactly how the movie is.

In 3ds max I'm using Biped to map out the motion and then plugging it into the JKA skeleton like a puppet. This also allows me set it up so the interaction between the two oppenants will be a lot more realistic than most animations.

That saber lock idea sounds cool.

Does that mean that you will be making two alternate endings depending on who wins the saber lock?

Oh, and that's Character Studio that you're using to create the ".bip" file and then apply it to the JA skeleton? (Just checking to make sure that I'm understanding correctly. :) )

Well with Renegade's movie battles you don't always win or lose a saber lock. You get in a tie up or short saber lock. I can make win/lose ones, and I will for RazorAce because he wants to add in counter attacks.

And yep, I sized the Biped to the skeleton and contrained the skeleton to the biped. So its being puppeted. And as everyone who's used Character Studio knows its the best way to animate. And yes I can import previously created bip files. And All my work is always available to whoever wants it. Doing it this way greatly simplifies it, and I'm pretty sure I made it easier to do now than modelling and skinning. As long as you have both max and character studio. :)

That would do to the fact the I had the Ik wieghted to the staff as I was animating it. Not a problem. I'm not done yet. There's a lot more than that wrong with it if you look close enough. But this is good for a few hours on a weekend's worth of work. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder who I could convince/bribe at Raven, to release the SP code. I REALLY need a "Ledge grab" in my SP series - since it involves a lot of exploring.

Is there a way to "flag" a surface in a SinglePlayer map, so that when the player touches it - it activates a script command referenceing the animation, so it looks like the player is grabbing the ledge?

Archived