Home

what's your favorite starwars game?

Doomie

what is your favorite starwars game?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favorite starwars game?

• Knights of the Old Republic.
    • Dark Forces series. (jedi knight, jedi outcast)
    • X-wing/TIE fighter, X-wing alliance.
    • shadows of the empire.
    • Galactic battlegrounds.
    • other (specify in your post.)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I voted KOTOR, but I find Rebel Assault II an amazing SW experience to this day, ditto for either of the Rogue Squadron games, especially RS2 and RS3 :D

what would astro wish for in the future.... A Rogue Squadron or Xw/Tie sequel, featuring EU battles and characters... (the original Tie Fighter game already featured Thrawn of course)

mtfbwya

I'm definitely with astro on a new X-Wing game - with today's graphics it would be like playing the films.

Why won't Lucasarts make a new one? We stuck with the poxy Starfighter series at the moment, which while not bad, is not a patch on the X-Wing series.

Maybe someone should start a petition.

Meanwhile, for all you X-wing fans out there, check out:

http://www.xwaupgrade.com

for more accurate and realistic models for the in-game craft.

I'm a RTS guy myself so I wore out my Rebellion cd, especially once I found a site that had made a program so that you can very easily modify the graphics and stats for each and every unit in the game!! I made myself to be Moff's, Jedi, Troopers of all sorts (and my brother and kids too) (what can you say I got addicted to it). Then I got Battlegrounds and my son and I are wearing that out too. "Simon the Killer Ewok" is sooooo cooool!!

KotOR, easily. The storyline, depth, and richness of the world are more than enough to qualify it as the greatest SW game ever made. Not to mention the earth-rending revelations and the way you can fall in love with one of the most beautiful game characters ever made.

Now, I also loved the JK series start to finish, and I still like the X-wing series and even the Rebel Assault games...

Knights of the Old Republic hands down...I wasted WAY too many hours of my life on that game. If you add up the amount of time I've played that game, it probably amounts to days.

2nd is Jedi Academy, for the awesome multiplayer.

Well, thats because you're playing it on an Xbox ;) . KOTOR was made for PC, they just put it on the Xbox first, because Bill Gates said "HERES SOME MONEY". Anyway, its much better for PC. Besides, PC has better graphics than Xbox, so you can have graphics and playability.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

A whole new world.

If you mean extra content, then all you get with the pc version is the same stuff as the x-box live downloadable content.

The main reason the pc version is better is the amount of modification you can do with it. Check out the starwarsknights forum for loads of cool stuff.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

^^ Both. xbox at a friends house a couple times. Granted it was a bit frustrating to get the hang of at first, but after a few minutes it was 2nd nature. *Agrees with Aradorn* Maybe think about giving the PC version a shot. A whole new world.

Hmmm.... Im just not sure, mate... I mean, its like, im spending about $99 on a game that might not even like...Maybe i should play before buying :p:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stake Black

Thats right...Extremely complicated...Specially in battles... Cool graphix, but awful for 'playability'

Yea I know what you mean. It was WAY complicated, what with it giving you the ability to pause in the middle of a fight, shuffle through your options, and then attack at the press of 2 buttons. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY complicated. Seriously, I had to call a college professor a computer engineering to break it down for me. Whew, it was tough. I mean, its not like it only took a simple thought and no reaction time, not like Splinter Cell or anything, WAY more complicated.

Wait a minute, I'm choking on the thickness of my own sarcasm! DAMN YOU, KAIN!! DAMN YOU!!

Expand your Imagi-Nation

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's definitely Kotor for the story, the dialogs and character development. There is basically everything in this game, not only shooting and slaying chracters...:rolleyes: and definitely, the pc version is more enjoyable for two main reasons: graphics and ... Holowan labs in the Starwarsknights.com section of these forums :D ( I have tried both and my xbox version is getting very dusty somewhere)

I like the early Jedi Knight serie, with the puzzles and everything. Outcast wasn't bad either and I enjoyed playing it. However, I always found the story in jka a bit short and childish, like they rushed to release it quickly and made a plot just to give a reason for using your lightsaber...(I admit that the combat anims are nice but that is not enough for me to enjoy a game) - I hope TSL will not suffer from the same release-it-quickly-while-it's-hot syndrome...

Concerning X-wing/TIE fighter, X-wing alliance, if I want to pilot something, I'll get into a real aircraft...I find those games amusing for the first 10 minutes but after this I get bored. Simple matter of taste but I like to have something more to do than shooting when I play a game.

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: I enjoyed playing Ages of Empires when it was released...I find that apart a Star Wars background, the game is the same.... Too many clones...

:D

I haven't tried the others.

Some of the upcoming games look promising too :)

Archived