Home

what's your favorite starwars game?

Doomie

what is your favorite starwars game?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. what is your favorite starwars game?

• Knights of the Old Republic.
    • Dark Forces series. (jedi knight, jedi outcast)
    • X-wing/TIE fighter, X-wing alliance.
    • shadows of the empire.
    • Galactic battlegrounds.
    • other (specify in your post.)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by LukeKatarn

Just so you know, this is kindof an old friend. I know you are new, but just so you know, don't go around bringing old threads back to life.

If you're talking to padawanemily then the thread was only 3 days old when she posted in it. IT's reasonable to post in a thread three days old, particularly if you're posting something relevant, not just a "I agree with him"

Usually it's only when people bump up a 4+ month old thread and doesn't say anything very pertinent in it. THEN we are annoyed :)

1, KoTOR, I find the best games are the ones where you don't realised you have just wasted hours on them, and still think it's only afternoon not late at night.

2, Jedi Knight2:Jedi Outcast, Same happened with this game, although I tend to play games no more than twice through I ended up playing this multiple times to the end. I find the story very immersive as with KoTOR and it beats JA because you feel with the character, instead of being quite distant in JA.

3, Apprentice Of The Force, Great GBA game just recently released(In UK anyway) and I throughully(sp?) enjoyed it until the final fight. It obviously has the best storyline as it follows the OT. It's just as I remember Super Star Wars but with colouring.

4, Jedi Academy, Good customizable option and the MP definately owned the SP. The only reason it isn't higher is because I didn't feel involvement with Jaden :/ (Who is the Luke Skywalker voice actor? Does a great job)

5, Galactic Battlegrounds, take Age Of Empires and mould the Eu into it, whip Darth Vader and a couple of Lightsabers and it's bound to suceed. The graphics, in honesty, were outdated as soon as it was released. But with the incredible AOE engine, it was quite flawless on the gameplay aspect, bar glitches :S.

After this I'd have games such as Dark Forces 1 and 2, Super Star Wars (although that can be included with Apprentice of the Force) and probably Bounty Hunter.

And Battlefront really let me down, they rushed a possible classic to coincide with the DVD box set. Shame...

Sidenote, i don't like Flying games so I can't comment on TIE fighter or X Wing. Also I can't comment on SWG as I'm can't get it :(

• 1 month later...

I cant even remember the name of the game..it came out back in

97 for the N64...the guy was a smuggler and he had all kinds of land and space missions..with a finale teamed up with Han and Landau in the attack on the 2nd deathstar...it was my first game experience with Star Wars and it always stuck with me..oh well

Originally posted by Soromonu

I cant even remember the name of the game..it came out back in

97 for the N64...the guy was a smuggler and he had all kinds of land and space missions..with a finale teamed up with Han and Landau in the attack on the 2nd deathstar...it was my first game experience with Star Wars and it always stuck with me..oh well

Was it Shadow of the Empire?

I think it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Knights of the old republic I think is the bomb, it out ranks all other ones. But thats just in my opinion. Especially on X-box. There is no other system that ranks with X-box, but Playstation 2 is my favorite. I wish they had it on that system.

Archived