Home

Are you a computer nerd ?

Astrotoy7

Are you a computer nerd ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a computer nerd ?

• Yep, I might as well admit it......
    • No. I try not to get on it much. In fact I dont know what I'm doing here.....
    • Is it possible to like computers and not be considered a geek ???

Originally posted by GothiX

I've said "lol" so many times, but that's because it's a Dutch word. I don't really consider myself a geek as well - more like an evil person that scares 6-year olds with his appearance..

I'm with stupid ^

That geek check list should be more accurate, who DIDN'T laugh at that unix hack thing in jurassic park..I saw it before i was a geek and found it hilariously stupid

Anyways I think that if you spend at least 6 hours a day on the pc for own entertainment on a free day you're a geek..

Originally posted by Siv

- you've asked for paint in the color of #9999FF Not yet...

- you've seen John Grisham's "The Client" in bookstores, and your first thought is that the sequel should be called "The Server". guilty

- you know the name of the linux penguin Tux...

- you know what Dvorak and Qwerty refer to. keyboards

- you check your e-mail before you brush your teeth in the morning that would require waking up in the moring...

- you 've found "stray" diskettes when doing laundry not yet...

- you understand the sounds your modem makes ...and can speak them I have a cable modem, it doesn't make noise, but the old modem goes DOOOO-BWDEEEE-DEE-DEE.....

- you laugh at the scene in Jurassic Park where the girl hacks the "unix system" hehehe...

- you've said 'lol' out loud as well as "I lolled" "rofl" and "lmao"

- If you introduce your wife as "mylady@home.wife" I would need a wife first

- If you don't even know where the cover to your computer case is for which computer?

- If you can type 70 words a minute but can't read your own handwriting I do 40 wpm & can't read my own scrawl

So, how did I score?

Here is a one question test to see if you are a programmer:

A car in Silicone Valley was seen with the following vanity licence plate. If you can quickly figure out the manufacturer and type of car, then you are a programmer. The plate read, "FEATURE"

PM me answers and I'll let you know. :)

I'm a nerd but not a geek really. I'm not the tech support guy, but I know my way around better than almost anyone at school except the actual programmer people... meh, no big deal. The handwriting thing nearly did it, but my writing's legible - it just takes me twice as long to write anything by hand.

Archived