Home

Help! What does "glGetError()=0x502" mean?

numark79

Sup, for some reason now, I keep getting this message, "glGetError()=0x502" when I bring down the console. The game seems to work fine, except that the blue force swirl around objects that can be manipulated with force powers now fails to appear! Does anybody know why this is coming up, or if the two problems are related?

peace

system- Windows XP

hard drive space- 4879MB

CPU- 2532

RAM 256

DirectX- DirectX 9.0a

Display adapter- NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400

glGetError()=0x502

glGetError() is an OpenGL (the API that the game uses for graphics) function which simply returns the value of an error flag. Errors are all given numeric values like the one above. When an error occures, the flag is set and is returned by this function.

I believe the 0x502 error translates to GL_INVALID_OPERATION. This means that whatever operation it was doing at the time was not allowed in the current state. The command that was supposed to be executed was ignored.

Unfortunately, this is a generic error that can occur for a wide range of reasons, depending on what the game was trying to do. So without the context of what software was doing, it is pretty meaningless. Was there other information included with this error?

For starters, I would suggest updating your OpenGL drivers for you video card.

Archived