Home

Timothy Zahn is back in the EU!!

Joe©

It's true, Zahn's the best, though, you gotta give Stackpole credit too. After all, he managed to put himself up beside Zahn with tons of readers without starring any primary OT movie characters in his books. Gotta admit that Wedge and Corran kick ass.

And on the NJO thing, I read them all, and the only new author who I really appreciated was Matthew Stover. If you read none of the others, read Traitor, and you will see a really solid, intense, and engrossing story, despite the fact that the Vong are a little Trekish.

Laters

I just remembered that one of the exclusive stories for Hyperspace members is by Timothy Zahn. It's called First Contact, and it features Mara Jade and Talon Karrde. It is an excellent little storie. PM me. ;)

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

A bit of trivia.....Zahn also modelled for his character 'Talon Karrde' in the decipher SW Card Game....

Thought no one here, except for me knew about that :D.

Oh well, after all I'm probably the only one here who still plays the game. If anyone else even knows that it exists.

-Clemme

Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick

Thought no one here, except for me knew about that :D.

Oh well, after all I'm probably the only one here who still plays the game. If anyone else even knows that it exists.

-Clemme

...yes indeedy. I love deciphers old CCG..... Especially the EU cards...

for some extra trivia.... author Michael Stackpole modeled for Corran Horn, and he looked absolutely terrible IMO... I much prefer the Corran on the cover of "I, Jedi" :p

mtfbwya

Thought no one here, except for me knew about that

Nope, I knew about it too, but that's just b/c I'm an EU freak. Somehow, though, I don't think he or Stackpole quite fit the characters they modeled for. Corran on I Jedi and the Japanese cover of Ruin is awesome.

I'm definitely going to pick up SQ as soon as I can, but we'll see when that is...

Everyone arguing about the NJO, go here for a better argument...

Tim Zahn's ideas have even influenced the movies beyond Coruscant. For example, anyone remember Obi-wan catching Dooku's lightning on his saber in Ep. 2? Yeah, who remembers Luke doing that against C'baoth? There's others, too, though I can't remember them right now.

In terms of pure authorage, though, I think Matt Stover matches him, along with Mike Stackpole of course, and Troy Denning and Jim Luceno are up there after Star by Star and The Unifying Force, but not quite at the same level.

Originally posted by leXX

I just remembered that one of the exclusive stories for Hyperspace members is by Timothy Zahn. It's called First Contact, and it features Mara Jade and Talon Karrde. It is an excellent little storie. PM me. ;)

I thought that story was in Tales From The Empire?

It could well be, but if it is, I'll be pissed considering it's supposed to be a member exclusive.

Well, I just finished Heir to the Empire (TPB), and now I see why everyone is raving about Zahn. He has certainly captured the feel of the movies perfectly, and the story is amazing. I can't wait to read Dark Force Rising and The Last Command (both on their way).

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Bacta Boy

god how many of us started with Heir to the Empire?

me too!!! :D

Didn't really get much further than the Zahn books. Read SOTE, but it was pretty rubbish.

I love thrawn and mara jade. :D

I just realised, I only read books related to computer games....:rolleyes:

wow, talk about bumpin the thread Toms ! I am finishing off Tatooines Ghost. It was quite interesting. Leia confronting the memory of her father was well handled by Troy Denning. Im even thinking about reading The Approaching Storm before I go onto read SQ. Barris Ofee and Luminara Unduli seem very interesting, especially after their appearance in teh CW toons :)

mtfbwya

Well, I just finished Survivor's Quest the other day (night), and in general I thought it was pretty good. The end left me unsatisfied in several ways, which I won't detail for spoiler reasons. Suffice it to say it was a worthwhile read.

Also did read Tatooine Ghost a while ago (another good one)!

Mike

Originally posted by leXX

It could well be, but if it is, I'll be pissed considering it's supposed to be a member exclusive.

Get pissed then, because I just read Tales from the Empire last week and it's certainly included in that anthology.

Originally posted by Kale Jerre

Get pissed then, because I just read Tales from the Empire last week and it's certainly included in that anthology.

yeah I knew that way back when she originally posted, but I didnt want to upset lexxy...... sorry lexxy :(

mtfbwya

I finished Tatooine Ghost, which I certainly enjoyed, though not so much as Star by Star... I think it gave some good insights there into Leia's mind and whatnot - not to mention having Han in all his coolness.

Back on topic - I still haven't managed to get ahold of Survivor's Quest. I keep putting it on hold at my library, then it comes in, then I run out of time to pick it up that week and am exactly one day too late to get it... grr... time to just go buy it.

Archived