Home

Learn to drive with games?

Weiser_Cain

Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

First off, playing ghost recon with a gun attatchment will improve you're aim.

First, sorry about the double post.

Second, I'm going to take that as a joke and HOPE TO GOD that you weren't serious. IF you are serious, where are you from? Do you or your family own any guns? I know the answer to that question right away, OBVIOUSLY NOT. I know this because like I just said in my previous post, I PLAY JUST ABOUT EVERY FIRST PERSON SHOOTER ON THE MARKET, and they all try to be as realistic as possible. I also shoot REAL guns on a regular basis. The ONLY reason I'm a good shot outside of a game, is because I PRACTICE WITH REAL GUNS AND REAL BULLETS. I will call you naive because you think a 2 oz. plastic gun that you point at a t.v. screen not more than 10 feet away will help you hit that elk who's hauling ass from a distance of 100 yds. Try taking a .45 semi-automatic pistol with a 7 round magazine and fire all 7 rounds at a target as big as a man's torso from 15 feet away within 3 seconds. I'll officially bet you $100 that you WILL NOT hit the target more than 2 or 3 times, the most I've ever gotten is 6. How about this- if you can take a .223 AR-15 with open sights (that means no scope) and hit a target the size of a quarter from 200 yards away then I will renounce my membership on this forum. Fire an 80 year old British .303 with a 10 round magazine at a target the size of an antelope from 500 yards away and hit it more than five times, again with open sights.

I only tell you to do this because you are apparently a good aim because you beat Duck Hunt, Silent Scope, Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Area 51, or any other game with a gun attachment. I rest my case.

He was being sarcastic with the Ghost Recon reference, Weapon X. At least I thought he was.

Now onto the whole "if driving was common sense blah blah blah..."You're right. Aparantly driving isn't common sense to everyone. My bad. I mean, if you want to actually convince me that you're too stupid to know what the pedals and steering wheel do, who am I to argue? I know it can all be so very confusing, what with having two lanes to choose from, and in some cases, *GASP* FOUR!!!

I would like to retract my previous recomendation of the Gran Turismo series as a good driving/racing sim, because it requires the use of three buttons. Gas, break, steering. And I don't want you to over-do it. Instead, catch a bus or stick a thumb out, and go to your local department store. Head for the toy section, and pick up one of these nifty numbers.

everythingfurniture_1783_163806935

PS, this post was written purely in jest, and was in no way meant as a "flame", "trollism", or "flame-bate". Any resemblence to flaming is purely coincidental. Thanks in advance for not asking if someone has ran over my dog.

Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

2 I didn't ask for a conversation.

4 I really like being called a cowboy.

posting a thread is initiating a conversation...right?

I never called you a cowboy.

None of my posts were intended to be flaming you, but since you take them that way I wont say anymore...to prevent it from getting worse.

I didn't bother reading all the very thoughtful posts *SPAM* so far but this is the only accurate solution:

No video game in existence will teach you drive in realistic driving conditions. You should go and learn to drive with an Automatic car in some parking lot after work (it's easy as hell - like riding a bike), then learn up on traffic rules, and give it a go. Most people don't want to get hit, so they'll probably give you some space if you do end up driving like an Idiot. You could also just of other people do and pony up the cash for a driving instructor

Archived