• Genesis
    • PS1
    • N64
    • NES
    • SNES

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say the Ps2, for one, it's been around a lot longer than Xbox, and it's still in the lead for selling video games ;)

Ps2 also has the quality of free online playing, where, with xbox you need to pay to play, which I find most annoying.

Ps2 owns, no compitition ^_^

Well...I like the N-64 (Goldeneye Rules!), but I gotta vote for X-Box...of course, I don't own either of those, but I've played Halo & some off-road racing game that was AWESOME!!!!!...the graphics are sweet & the gameplay is great.

Of course, I haven't played online, so that doesn't enter into my rankings...and I never could get used to playstation controlers.

It's hard to say what the greatest system of all time is, even comparing systems from the same maker is tough. Try comparing the NES to the Gamecube. Gamecube has better graphics, of course, but the NES started the cycle and led to the Gamecube's creation, not to mention the mountain of classic games. Same goes for all the systems and their predecessors.

You can directly compare systems from the same time period, such as NES vs Sega Master System. For most of the hardcore gamers, they count the Master System as the better console, but the NES had the lion's share of the market at the time.

What about the Dreamcast? Sega took a shot at the next generation market before the other companies and it worked, for a while. PS2 has a large number of games for it. Of course it does, it has been out longer than the Xbox, plus it has almost the entire library of PS1 games to add to it's list. Xbox, however has got to be the best new system hardware-wise. The internal hard drive alone makes this a great system. Tack onto that the graphics engine & processor and you get one kick-ass system.

So, how do you choose the best system? Well, as shown from everyone so far, it is merely personal prefrence. For me, it has got to be the Sega Master System. It introduced me to the world of video games. I played games such as Afterburner and Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle for hours. I get the "warm fuzzies" when I think back to those days and still regret selling it.

Originally posted by Batdroid64

What one of these consoles do u think should be the king of consoles,

I think it should be the xbox.

plz no flame wars

DAMN YOU N00B!!!!

YOU COPIED ME FROM MY BEST FPS THREAD!!!!!!

BEST CONSOLE WAS GOING TO COME IN THE AWARDS....

Master, Zeeman, wage war on this meddling n00b fiend!!!

Uh... Guys?

BTW, PS2 for me, although I don't own anything save SNES and Computer...

Originally posted by sabretooth

DAMN YOU N00B!!!! YOU COPIED ME FROM MY BEST FPS THREAD!!!!!! BEST CONSOLE WAS GOING TO COME IN THE AWARDS....

Master, Zeeman, wage war on this meddling n00b fiend!!!

Uh... Guys?

c'mon sabretooth, you'd think that our resident listmaker would be more n00b-friendly ?! :p

Ps2...wanna know why....look at my sig....

mtfbwya

Gee, thanks. Guess I really have some recognition in the swamp, eh babe?

*slaps himself*

Astrotoy is not a girl...

Mm... I thought there was no competition? I mean, how can you compare syatems that are constantly coming out with new and "better" games? Obviously the old syatems had really fun games, but I still don't get it.

Maybe its that I've never ownd a console before ^^

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Mm... I thought there was no competition? I mean, how can you compare syatems that are constantly coming out with new and "better" games? Obviously the old syatems had really fun games, but I still don't get it.

Maybe its that I've never ownd a console before ^^

The best console, IMO means the console that you had the most fun, the one which was the most revolutionary, or the one that you're a total fanboy of.

All you gotta do is ask yourself one question: Smash Brothers, or no Smash Brothers? (For once, I'm going to have to say N-64, even though I think the Genesis 32-bit system rocked, and that's before Sega went downhill with their Dreamcast.)

Old games kick arse!

Archived