• Gamecube
    • Dreamcast
    • Genesis
    • PS1
    • N64
    • NES
    • SNES

Originally posted by sabretooth

Gee, thanks. Guess I really have some recognition in the swamp, eh babe?

*slaps himself*

Astrotoy is not a girl...

[girly giggle]tee heee heee[/girly giggle] Cmon, you wish you could take me to the prom dont you sabre.....

*astro contemplates changing av*

mtfbwya

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

xbox rox my world, PS2 sux now cause it has sh!t graphics, all the latest games are on xbox now.

You, my friend, are on crack.

Ps2 owns, look at all the continuing classics that keep comming out, Resident evil! Metal Gear, Final Fantasy?! What's Xbox famous for? Halo?! Well I got halo for computer, so screw that?

And there's nothing wrong with ps2's graphics, and if you want to go into a graphics compitition, Gamcube on Xbox? Gamecube wins my friend :mad:

Now think of what you're saying, what any of you are saying ^o^Grrr...

Originally posted by Dante Vandetta.

You, my friend, are on crack.

Ps2 owns, look at all the continuing classics that keep comming out, Resident evil! Metal Gear, Final Fantasy?! What's Xbox famous for? Halo?! Well I got halo for computer, so screw that?

^^^^ PS2 fanboy :rolleyes:

I voted Xbox. It just has more of the games that I want to play than the PS2. (Halo, KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden, Morrowind, etc.)

and if you want to go into a graphics compitition, Gamcube on Xbox? Gamecube wins my friend

Actually...Xbox still wins. It's got the strongest graphics capabilites of any of the consoles mate.

[girly giggle]tee heee heee[/girly giggle] Cmon, you wish you could take me to the prom dont you sabre.....

<_<

>_>

Now it's ME who worries about YOU astro :p

Originally posted by ET Warrior

^^^^ PS2 fanboy :rolleyes:

I voted Xbox. It just has more of the games that I want to play than the PS2. (Halo, KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden, Morrowind, etc.)

Actually...Xbox still wins. It's got the strongest graphics capabilites of any of the consoles mate.

Actually, I don't mean to start a fire or anything, but Gamecube's pretty much on par with XBOX. Fast load times, good graphics. No matter how much money Gates blows, there's always going to be someone already one step ahead of the game. Sure, Microsoft's coming out with an XBOX 2, but they've only touched the tip of the iceberg. They don't got a handheld gaming system out.

Originally posted by the_raven_03

Because they don't need a handheld. The 'Box rulez.

Can you take the 'Box on the road? No, not unless its been put in an RV. My opinion, therefore, stays. Though I've gotta say XBox does have some good stuff.

Are you on crack too!?

(Ninja Gaiden was sick) Looked more-so like DMC2 graphics wise, though.

I don't know about Xbox being better than GC, RE4's graphics look pretty sweeeet.

Originally posted by Dante Vandetta.

I don't know about Xbox being better than GC, RE4's graphics look pretty sweeeet

Looks got nothing to do with it there. It's all about the hardware. I dont know the 'specs off the top of my head but i'll go look for them, and the Xbox has the most raw graphical power of any other console

The xbox isn't a console.

Ummm.....While I realize that it is in essence nearly a PC...it isn't one. At least it isn't when you don't mod it. Modded Xbox doesn't count. Straight out of the package it's still just a console.

Originally posted by topshot

They don't got a handheld gaming system out.

That's not console gaming man. That's handheld gaming. Microsoft

A) Doesn't have anything to prove against nintendo's handheld

B) Is just trying to get their foot in the door with consoles, and doesn't need the added expense of trying to make it in handheld gaming as well

C) Is competing primarily with Sony right now for top dog in gaming, and Sony doesn't offer a handheld, and therefore Microsoft doesn't have to worry.

Sure all these new high tech systems have nice state of the art graphics and whatever...but their not fun anymore in my opinion. I could care less about processing power of any system, and I find it sickening that a system is deemed "better" because it has more "raw processing power" than another...gaming isnt about FUN anymore...*sigh* Its about dazzling your eyes with 30 minnute movies in between 5 minutes of play and about achieving FPS that the human eye cannot even keep up with. Thats not fun blast it I wana play the darn game, not watch it!

How many times have you skipped over cutscenes in games because you wanted to keep playing? Now, for you older people (NES and SNES generation guys) how many times did you have to worry about skipping cutscenes in those games? NEVAR! Because the most cutscene you got on the NES was a black screen that said "Level 2" or something. SNES you got maybe 5-10second something going on and at the most a 1-5min ending scene.

I voted SNES because I never had as much fun on ANY other system, including PC(for gaming only) than it. To me, gaming is about fun and nothing else...and the SNES has brought me more fun than any other console before, or after it. I play my SNES these days more than my PS2 if that means anything to you.:p

Originally posted by topshot

They don't got a handheld gaming system out.

Have you ever played any action games on a Pocket PC? They're pretty sweet! DOOM and Quake (I & II) have been ported, as well as a Pocket Everquest.

I'm not voting here as we just got a GameCube which is the first console I've owned (well, since Pong in the 70's, but that doesn't quite count). And I only play that in 'Family mode'.

But I do love my GBA SP.

Mike

Its not hugely surprising to see the green machine has the lead, seeing that this is a forum teeming with fans of Halo, JO/JA and KOTOR.....

I think the poor ps1 has got a bum steer though, it really did revolutionise console gaming...... leading to the ps2(of course) and the xbox(when microsoft decided they wanted to jump on the console bandwagon...)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by txa1265

...But I do love my GBA SP....

Mike

yeah, I love mine too :D I often play a quick round of Tiger Woods 2004 Golf, and/.or Final Fantasy Tactics before I go to bed :)

I am also having fun with my GBA SP as with the game Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the GC you can plug it in and see terrain/treasure maps etc. Im also lucky enough to have friends also with GBAs and have experienced the unique and amazing MP mode in FF CC....

and yes Mike, *you* are the one to thank for saving me from buying Flight of The Falcon.....

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I think the poor ps1 has got a bum steer though, it really did revolutionise console gaming...... leading to the ps2(of course) and the xbox(when microsoft decided they wanted to jump on the console bandwagon...)

In a way it led console gaming...but in my opinion, it led it to disaster. CDs allowed for better graphics, longer cutscenes and things like that. Which themselves arent bad at all...but when games focus solely on good graphics and cutscenes, and FORGET that the game is supposed to be a game, not a movie...that is where I have problems. See my post at the end of page one for an elabation.:)

Archived