Home

JA... what's that?

Master William

Are you guys/girls still playing this? I can't believe how bored I am of JA, not any mod or map can bring me back. Feels like low-quality, because I've been playing better games like KOTOR. Well, guess it's just me. I guess you guys are like those in CS, they never get tired of it... oddly enough

Originally posted by Master William

Are you guys/girls still playing this? I can't believe how bored I am of JA, not any mod or map can bring me back. Feels like low-quality, because I've been playing better games like KOTOR. Well, guess it's just me. I guess you guys are like those in CS, they never get tired of it... oddly enough

OK, we get it, you like KotOR better. Many people here like KotOR better. KotOR is my all-time favorite game.

But KotOR, as an RPG, doesn't obviate the usefulness of JA.

Just as JA itself has two parts - SP and MP. One doesn't replace the other.

I'm basically a SP gamer, so MP oriented games are of no use to me. But that is not true for everyone.

Each of us gets our gaming 'fix' in a different way. And the manner in which you stated your post ... well it wasn't very respectful of those who love MP JA every day, IMO.

Mike

I don't get tired of it because I don't play it all the time.

I mostly play the MP side of JA - and probably will continue to do that for several months until the SP campaign has faded into distant memory. Then I can go back and play SP with a fresher outlook.

Anyway, I mix up my online time between a few other games, like Enemy Territory and Far Cry (which I can only play for about 15 minutes a time before it becomes a slideshow). RTCW and SOF2 MP are also good. Even vanilla Half-Life online is a great blast.

You know what they say...variety is the spice of life.

I don't think I'll ever tire of playing JA/JO, because they offer a completely different gameplay dynamic to most other FPS games on the market.

I could kinda tell you were losing interest MW, a lot of your posts lately have been ironic/cynical, etc.

But hey, that's your choice, nobody can be expected to play just one game forever.

Me, I'm having lots more fun, I love having a fast server and being able to finally have some good low-lag games of Siege and other big gametypes.

Sadly my pc is in the shop right now or else I'd be playing that right now. In a few days I'll be back to it.

Honestly no other multiplayer game has grabbed my interest like this one in quite awhile.

That's not to say there aren't other games I'd like to try, but I have only so much free time to toss around on games these days!

Originally posted by Kurgan

but I have only so much free time to toss around on games these days!

^^ What he said. I only get to play once or twice a week for any significant amount of time. Hence, no I'm not bored with it. I think JO and JA are excellent games. But having both installed uses all the HD space I'm prepared to sacrifice for games. That will change when Clone Commando comes out. ;)

But yeah, I have other things to do as well. :)

B.

Yes, it's just you.

They have wonderful medicines for Attention Deficit Disorder nowadays. Consult your pediatrician (since you're still under 18)....

Originally posted by Prime

You certainly aren't bored of talking about it...

LOL, no kidding. Wow, M. William thinks KOTOR rocks and JA sucks. Haven't heard that before. And KOTOR doesn't even have admins, that's the amazing part...

I for one am not bored of Jedi Academy because..................

I still haven't played it yet!!! (well, a couple of rounds of Asteroids, but that doesn't count). I'm too busy doing other game-related and real-life things....

I got Jedi Outcast about a year after it came out, so I'll pencil in some time in September to start playing Jedi Academy. Like WadeV1589 said, I've discovered other game-related activities like skinning are very fun and rewarding (more fun than listening to a bunch of trash talk and crying about "laming") and I've been busy working on my second skin. Here's what it looks like so far:

headshot_1_640.jpg

headshot_2_640.jpg

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Yes, it's just you.

They have wonderful medicines for Attention Deficit Disorder nowadays. Consult your pediatrician (since you're still under 18)....

The blessings of Concerta ^_^

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

headshot_1_640.jpg

headshot_2_640.jpg

OMG, that's awesome.

I have to agree, when you get into editing things yourself, it really rekindles the love of the game. :) OJP has really burst me into re-interest. The ability to "storyboard" my fan fiction has helped me out alot. Not to mention, I love being able to act out my dreams of being a jedi.

If you think the game is dead, and you dont want to play it, more power to you :D please dont try to bring people over the the 'right' side with you, just stop having anything to do w/ the game :) we still love it, there is no 'horrible boring useless' game to save us from, just wander off to something else and we will continue to play.

i remimber playing jk1 in the weeks before jk2 arrived at my doorstep, and it was the same 200 or so ppl on the zone as had been for quite a while, some ppl use a game to waste time, while others love it... forever... :)

Hehe, JA MP was fun when I was playing it, did maps, a skin, played all the gametypes to death, tried mods, it was all fun. I think it's because of JO, JA still has a lot from JO, the whining and all that... still there. I think JA took a great step with all the ships and Siege and the new dual-saber(s). JO was more simple, it never had any really great mods, but look at us now - we have ships... hehe :)

I do play the game, but that's only SP. Keep in mind that rants and trolls made specifically to annoy the crap out of me have no effect on me whatsoever... post something with a point to it or get out of the thread.

And yes Crow, new games are good too. That's what I did, went out to get new games... and I'm sure you know which one of them was

... post something with a point to it or get out of the thread.

This, coming from the King of All Pointless Posts.:rolleyes:

It's your thread that's pointless (yet more tiresome whining about how much you dislike JA and how much you love KOTOR), not the responses to it.:rolleyes:

You should be happy (*cough* attention whore *cough*) that people are bored enough to respond with wit and intelligence to yet another one of your increasingly pointless bleats.:rolleyes:

bleat ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bleet)

n.

1. a. The characteristic cry of a goat or sheep.

b. A sound similar to this cry.

2. A whining, feeble complaint.

:D

I won't try to argue against you, I've tried before and the results are either that someone joins you in flaming me or you just get a team of "I-dig-online-chicks" guys on your side.

No, that's not what happens. I defeat you single-handedly.

Stick to the main topic please now.

Your whining? I was. (*cough* attention whore *cough*)

Is anyone looking forward to the dual-pistol mod? Or is it already out? Hmm... There was a mod for JO with dual pistols, I believe it was called "The Mercs Strike Back". If it's something I truly love about JO/JA, it's being a merc with lots of weapons, cloaking, jetpack, etc.

I can't believe how bored I am of JA, not any mod or map can bring me back.

I do play the game, but that's only SP.

Nice 180...

Stick to the main topic please now.

Is anyone looking forward to the dual-pistol mod?

You aren't going to follow your own advice?

JA is boring. The MP is ridiculous. Everyone has dual sided or dual sabers. At least JO it was a little bit more star-warsy where everyone didn't have these dual sided sabers. The duels were more exiting and challenging in JO because it was only one saber.

The sp was exciting in few spots. It wasn't a very original or deep story.

Get far cry or KOTOR, they are both at least 50x better than JA.

Archived